Reebok Alien Stompers (Ripley's sneakers from Aliens) re-release

So much hate against scalpers lol it seems that people here see scalpers the way I see police officers I don't know which ones are coruppt so I dislike them all lol. I used to buy and sell a lot a few years ago. I would even buy multiples and flip them for a profit on ebay. Why you ask? Because I had bills to pay and needed to help my family out financially due to my work not paying enough to cover my expenses. It was a rough time but buying and reselling or "scalping" helped me and my family get through. It just sucks to see that this point hasn't been made here yet and just bash on everyone reselling on ebay. Oh well.

Last edited:
I've flipped a few items here and there in my time but I think the people going above and beyond normal scalping like the one dude selling for $4K are the ones that make every other "scalper" look bad.

So I'm not going to get involved in the politics here, but I managed - by fortune and hard work - to secure a pair of high tops.

I had a rough night but was determined to do all I could knowing how limited the run was and having waited so many years.

I was trying online until 4 am to find somewhere and eventually came across a really obscure site. Without thinking I rushed and ordered a pair only to figure out as soon as I had that it was a fake site and I had been scammed. I had to get up for work in 4 hours but I knew I had to cancel my card, and before that I would need to go out and draw some cash or I wouldn't even be able to pay for my train ticket. So I get back home at 5 and go straight back online because at this point I'm all in and no scammers going to rule my day.

I checked Footpatrols location in London and to my surprise its too close to ignore the opportunity (an hour on the underground). After a long day at work, coming home to finish painting a room in my landlords house to save money on the rent, searching all night, getting scammed and no sleep - it took every last bit of me to get up, pack my bag for work and go find this place knowing there could be people queuing round the block and I risk upsetting my bosses for nothing. It also didn't open until 10 so I knew I'd be standing in the cold for 4 hours. Money is a huge concern as well so justifying this was difficult. I'm not going to lie, I thought about buying a second pair to pay for the first - but actually I also thought about buying 2 for me - as fate would have it I was denied the choice anyway which is probably a good thing because I probably would have kept both.

When I got there I couldn't believe I was first. I'm very used to being unrewarded for effort so this was a big surprise! Actually technically I was second, but the guy that was first had gone for a coffee and even though I tried to insist he get served first he was too kind and wouldn't accept. This guy was there to get a pair of high tops for his boss (an Aliens fan) and ended up getting a pair of mids for himself because he wouldn't wear the highs.

Slowly but surely more people came along and we stood in a circle sharing our appreciation for sneakers and the movie. It was so nice! After the night I had and the way I was feeling, it was bizarre to find myself standing in a random London street having a great time with random strangers.

And then the time came. I was ushered inside by the owner and placed my order. Before I left home I transferred money into my business account and even created a paypal account for it. And I noted the pin number because I'd never used the card before. It was a contactless card though so I thought I would just be able to swipe it anyway.

So I went to pay and guess what...the pin didn't work, they didn't have contactless and wouldn't accept paypal. They even said they wouldn't hold it for me with a cash deposit, they were just going to turn me away! I felt completely sick and I could not believe it when one of the guys came in behind me and said "I'm not having this, I'll buy them with my card." An absolute saint and I don't care if he's selling his second pair, he saved my day. I transferred the money back to him straight away through paypal, gave him a hug and even gave him my special case that were only for the first few customers. If he makes a few quid from that so be it, he had nothing but good will in his mind when he did this for me.

Then I travelled all the way back to begin a 9 hour shift at work. Luckily my job at the moment is working on the EVA suits for the next Alien movie so everyone understood why I was so late!

I see that NickyMabbs has taken some fire here. We met at Footpatrol and he's a genuinely nice guy with an obvious passion for film and sneakers. I'm not anti scalper - being lucky enough to have secured a pair doesn't affect my thinking, I wasn't anti scalper 3 days ago either. But I understand the other point of view as well to a certain extent.

As I didn't manage to get 2 pairs, I'll have to go without. The next Ripley I make for the studio will have the honour....

Final model 3.jpg

Thanks for sharing Steve. What an ordeal, but I am glad it concluded happily for you.

For someone who has honored the character of Ripley by creating such astounding work, you truly deserve the shoes.

So...did anyone manage to get a pair of Ripley's bug stompers from Reebok?

I was waiting for someone to start the thread but it looks like many of us forgot.
Yesterday Reebok sold the ultra limited "boot" hi-top, replicas of the ones Ripley wore in Aliens. I wanted a pair so bad but I couldn't figure out what time they went on sale. Of course when they did they sold out in record time. now the sac alters are selling them for over a thousand dollars on eBay. (Original price 175.00 :facepalm)

Did anyone here get lucky?

Re: Reebok releasing Ripley's "Alien Stomper" boots from Aliens.

They seem to be identical to the original release except they've got 3M reflective tape all over them.

Bishop's shoe had the 3m stripes in the movie. One fell off of the heel during production so they actually appear asymmetrical.

Yeah - one of my freelance gigs is as a licensing consultant... Coincidentally, I know who has a screen used pair and we connected them with Reebok.

Oh hey Willie!

Didn't see it was you - my bad.

CJ and I birthed this project with no support from Reebok (we were both designers at Reebok at the time) out of our passion for the film and the shoes. I WISH I could explain to all of you how we had planned for this to go down - but I think my anger would impede my ability to type coherently. CJ and myself put in a TON of work to make this even happen - and the support of Willie, and a lot of others helped bring it to life. Once our passion project got more and more eyes on it, it was taken from our hands and it started to go south. I left the company not too long after that. I can't even tell you how I felt to lose this project.

I'm truly sorry for all of you who are angry about how this release went - this was not how CJ or I planned or intended for this to happen - and warned and pleaded with the powers-that-be about doing something like this and the impact it would have on the people who really care about this and basically...all women. (Sorry fellas but the plan we laid out was to only released the Hi in women's sizes and run the mid in unisex). I'm sure this would have made a lot of people angry too but we felt strongly that women should have been the focus of this release (right or wrong).

CJ no longer works at Reebok either - we have been emailing each other incessantly back and forth during this whole debacle and have wanted to scream from the rooftops about it. We are as let down as all of you, I assure you. This may not have been an appropriate forum for this discussion but as someone who is passionate about this - like all of you - I felt compelled to explain.

When the two of us started this I can tell you with certainty that we were 2 of only a handful of people at Reebok that even knew about the shoe - and its roll in the film. Though the release was incredibly botched I think it's great that the shoes are finally out there and like the majority of Reebok employees - the world can get an education that there was another famous movie shoe besides that damn Air Mag (that thing is awesome :eek).

Last edited:
Thanks for laying that out. It's great to know that so much work went into making these shoes a reality, and really frustrating that they knowingly made the release a travesty.

I've flipped a few items here and there in my time but I think the people going above and beyond normal scalping like the one dude selling for $4K are the ones that make every other "scalper" look bad.

That guy is the only person I have a problem with, not any member here. On the day of release, the guy has the audacity to do that. I'd happily pay 700 sterling for a pair etc.. like the other auctions, but 4k is a big FU to anyone that wanted a pair.

All good ;) Yeah, CJ and I have been in constant contact as well... He even came out to the house, checked out the collection, and took some original crew jackets and other goodies back to Reebok - wish it was of more help... What's your take on this "cryptic" tweet?

https://twitter.com/ReebokClassics/status/725356584793165824

I think it's completely reactionary to the fact that they were probably "shocked" at the demand for this shoe. That's just me beings a pessimist though - I guess we'll have to wait and see.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back