WIP My first female portrait sculpt - (Leeloo) Milla Jovovich NEW PICS 9/23

Re: WIP My first female portrait sculpt - Can you guess who it is?

Thanks again guys!
I agree about the neck, maybe slimming it down a bit will help make it look longer and I'm also planning on dropping the left shoulder more.
I've been looking at this sculpt for a while now, so a few set of new eyes really helps!

have a good look at her chin, its all over the place in some shots.

thats mainly the reason why we never got together.........

very amazing. SO many sculptors fail in doing a good female face, but you are able to nail it. If you do a run of it, let me know. I love it!!!:love

Thanks Trap Joe!

zorg - Thanks for that, I've been looking for a good picture of her chin, and I think I finally have one that I can use to fix that part.

Posted this in another thread looking into the gravity leveler.

violet.jpg

love, Love, LOVE this gal and must say your sculpt looks amazing. I smiled when I saw the pics. No guess needed as others have obviously beaten me to it. Again, wonderful work you have here.

Awww Yeah!!! My favorite Mila (Leeloo) Can't wait for this!!!

Wow, Ely, just WOW!

Not many sculptors do females and yours looks spot on!!!

I bow to your skills!!!

Thomas

Wow! I have to add my kudos in with everyone else. I think it looks awesome!! Great job! i wish I could sculpt.:cry

Wow! That looks great. Question, what clay are you using?

Excellent likeness and anatomy. Having checked out some of your other work I'm looking forward to seeing this finished. Is there anywhere I can see the sculpture and finished Tony Stark you did?

I don't think you need much in the way of criticism. I guessed Mila right away too which is a testament to the likeness. Outstanding first go at a female sculpt. Will you be making this available or is this a one-off for your wife?

Thanks so much for all the great comments.

tcsmit29 - this is only my 3rd portrait sculpture. My recommendation is get some clay, a bunch of reference pictures from as many angles as you can, a foam head put on an armature and get to it. You can get some tools from any art store on-line.

encased -It's Roma Plastilina soft (has to be sealed before molding due to sulphur content)

Alaneye - I did do a Downey bald bust, but here's a sneak preview of the sculpted hair version I'm still finishing:
SCULPT16.jpg

Last edited:

Excellent work!

I'm on my laptop and my wife is sitting beside me and I asked her who she thought this was and she knew instantly. You don't see very many female portraits in this scale and your pretty much nailing this one.

Looking forward to future updates!

Man, I really appreciate all the comments, my wife has been a big help in letting me know which parts to improve on, but can use more help.

I just worked on the profile a bit. Still need to rough in the folds and shapes on neck/shoulders:
millasculpt-profile.jpg

Only your THIRD bust! You are nailing it, bro! LOVED the Downey, too! Very nice work! Can't wait to see what you do in the future...

Dude, that is fan-freaking-tastic! Can't wait to see it when it's finished! :D

Vash,

Really sweet. You got a talent, bro.

This Milla bust will be cool because it has so many different wig options!

That Downey is rockin' too!

brad

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back