NCC 7100 Stargazer - From Picard's Ready Room

I guess interest in this thread has taken a nose dive. I haven't posted to it since January because I was laid off from where I had been working and finding work, yet, is my top priority. It's weird, I get cleared to return to work after my hospital stay for the collapsed lung, and two days after I take the release form in to where I was working so they had the information, they lay me off. So, until I find work again, all my model builds are on hold. Sorry guys. I do hope you all will get back to your builds soon. I miss seeing the progress on them, even if its slow.

Sorry to hear about that Stevie. We do still have an interest in your build, so don't abandon it. But I know all too well how job searches take priority as I was doing one for a few months until I got hired at the end of January. Having time to build is a good thing... but having money to buy things, eat and other stuff... much better.

stevielewis sounds like your luck can only improve from now on. I am sorry to hear, but life takes priority sometimes. I guarantee I'll still be working on the Stargazer when you get back, if you have to spend more time away from the community here. The best models take time and we will still be here.

Current status on my own build is nothing more than a box tray of donor parts. I joined an industrial fabrication studio in Philadelphia with a modest weekend membership. Currently knocking out some saber projects I have been collecting parts for nearly a decade. It is easier to learn the equipment with these simple metal projects. Though I am training on the laser cutter and the incredible router machine they have in the wood shop. My goal is to create a vacuform buck of the hull and have a few of the other needed bits cut with laser. It would be grear to have an instant-hull this way, just ready for donor parts and paint.

Regarding the Blue Gale Xabungle underneath. I have been combing ebay with many combinations of search terms to find nothing. All xabungles I find are not Super Deformed like we require.

Is this thread dead or has it started under a new thread? I was finally able to get back to Michigan last week and I finally have all my stuff out of storage and back here in Pennsylvania. Let me know what has happened with this build. Thanks.

Still breathing thanks to the new Xabungle run. Don't miss it.
attachment.php

Last edited:
Just for clarification the yellow is rubber and dark metallic plastic versions are simply toys I found along the way in my search for the correct "Super Deformed" Xabungle.

For me, I like to think of it as some sort of crazy 'captains yacht' but let's not kid ourselves, the model makers never intended us to see these details. But for accuracy nuts like us, it's a must have, in my opinion.

I did a little mockup of the bottom of the main hull on the Stargazer using the great XaBungle casting and the other parts from the various models needed. The exceptions being the two round blisters. The ones I used are from the vac Stargazer kit. It'll be great when I finally have a place to work on this.
IMG_1003.JPGIMG_1004.JPGIMG_1006.JPG

Thanks Prof...that's a possibility about the round blisters...they would need to be small for some really small toys to fit inside them.

"The big blisters came from a Gundam kit, if I recall. Wasn't a big box, and my memory seems to say it was a tall mech with metal tentacles (?)"

Last edited by a moderator:
The search begins ...

EDIT: He might be thinking of the two non-circular blisters near the aft of the ship, not the two circular ones at the front, which remain unidentified. The former come from this kit, which roughly matches his description.

tank.jpg

SECOND EDIT: Feel free to point Rick towards this thread, where we've been IDing all the donors.

During my searches several years ago I do remember a kit that had what looked like the small round blisters on the left and right wing-like parts of the ship. I couldn't find a scale for the kit so I'm not sure if these would work or not. As they say..."The search continues".....

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back