eFX A New Hope Darth Vader Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: eFX ANH Vader?!?! WOW

That makes perfect sense business-wise, I agree. It just seems another lost opportunity for a "straight from the horse's mouth" item.

Don't get me wrong, though. I may still line up for one.:thumbsup

I've always loved the Vader helmet, but never really wanted to buy one....

That has now changed! eFX (and Gino) do us proud!

eFx was given access to the 1977/78 Rick Baker mold that resides in the LFL archives to create a master pattern that will be used in the production of these replicas. Not just photos, not a laser scan, but an actual physical casting out of a silicone mold!

Can a silicone mold really last 32 years? :confused

Can a silicone mold really last 32 years? :confused

If stored correctly yes.

There was the rebel fleet stunt blaster mould from ANH that was still in existence a couple of years ago and it was in excellent condition and a blaster was pulled from it.

Chris

Very cool news, GINO!

Here's hoping eFX makes an Empire helmet someday - my absolute favorite Vader helmet.

Hector

An ESB helmet would be better suited for what they do.

Interesting.

GINO, seeing as you are working on this. Did the cast out of the mold come with tabs or no tabs?

How authentic will the dome be?

Before certain people try to take all the credit, can I just say that there are several people here, myself included who have worked on the EFX ANH Vader Helmet project - for a quite considerable amount of time

Carsten to answer your question, the tabs themselvs were not present on the mould, bit the remnants of them (and also the screw holes) could clearly be seen

Cheers

Jez

Jez, I do not see Gino's post as taking full credit for anything, other than cleaning up what he said he was cleaning up on it. Nowhere did he say that he was the sole driving force behind this project.

Why am I so confident? Because I'm working on it of course. :lol

that alone speaks volumes to me as to what we should expect. i've seen you go at it on vader... if you think it looks good, i'll probably think it's the best thing ever!

Carsten to answer your question, the tabs themselvs were not present on the mould, bit the remnants of them (and also the screw holes) could clearly be seen

Even I could have told you that Carsten :p I would show pics as well but you know the score :lol.

Thanks for the info Jez it just reinforces all the usual US / UK mould theories.

Gino / Jez / anybody else involved - did anybody from eFX go down the route of trying to source a UK style moulded Vader faceplate to compare and get an idea of the screen helmet before the Rick Baker clean up and moulding?

I always thought the US mould dome looked the business but prefered the UK style faceplate.

Not saying any one is better as it is just your own preference on which screen scene you prefer - Tantive all the way for me for the hand painted version from eFX.

Chris

Oh sorry forgot to ask as well from anybody involved what is the plan for the tusks, mouth grill and lenses.

Please get accurate shaped lenses - the correct shape is in the mould you have and if done correctly will look great. Right and left eye do differ in contours.

What lens colour is planned?

Please get accuarate tusks and grill as well these small details will all add up to a better end product.

Cheers Chris

Jez, I do not see Gino's post as taking full credit for anything, other than cleaning up what he said he was cleaning up on it. Nowhere did he say that he was the sole driving force behind this project.

Hell i do, Neither does it say anywhere that a Team of us have worked on this

I'd like to hear more about the helmet and less about who was involved.

I don't mind hearing who's involved, because it's obviously a group of people working on it. What I could do without is all the negativity towards other members where past issues obviously haven't been resolved. I don't think there's a need to get so defensive so quickly.

Will eFX be interested in showing pictures of the cast straight out of the Rick Baker mold or are we only going to be shown pictures of the refined master or production helmets?

Is there a projected release date on this?

The eFX ANH TIE was announced as a project what seemed like an age ago and it still isn't released.

Just wondering on how much saving up time I have if this product is up to scratch.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back