eFX A New Hope Darth Vader Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: eFX ANH Vader?!?! WOW

:lol Yup. Same here. Will it ever end. LOL
Seriously, knowing that there has been involvement from some die hard Vader fans here brings me some reassurance that this will be done right. Cant wait to see some pictures.

Carl

Looks like I'll have to get the credit card out, again :)

I think those involved deserve an uncleaned up version. It was their hard work that is making this possible for all of us who "aren't special enough" to be allowed to even see pictures of parts of a helmet or ever have the opportunity to get one without shelling out thousands of dollars. This will be the closest I've gotten to a cast from screen used with decent pedigree and I'm very happy and excited even if there is some cleanup.

Last edited:

All helmets out of this mold are cleaned up...some more some less:lol Sure it will be the best available out there and the best official licensed SW helmet but it wont be the holy grail compared to some of the authentic casts out there.....if its handpainted or not.

Probably means that those involved will get an uncleaned up one and the production piece will be cleaned up nasty.

Saw this one coming when I opened the efx email. Just like the fett protos that have "magically disappeared" or cobbled into some miracle Fett helmet, the same will be done with the protos on this. In 2 years, this will be a whole different conversation about have a TM vs an efx Proto...

With what has been posted so far it won't be as good as a TM, TD or an SL, but great that the masses can get their hands on something pretty accurate.

I am not much of a Vader guy, but if I ever get a Vader helmet, this will probably be it (considering I didn't get in line for whatever that "ultimate" Vader helmet was that came out of the UK a few years ago :unsure). Since I don't love Vader with a passion I don't have the interest in working on one for 10 years, so having a very nice one that is completely done would be a win for me.

I am not much of a Vader guy, but if I ever get a Vader helmet, this will probably be it (considering I didn't get in line for whatever that "ultimate" Vader helmet was that came out of the UK a few years ago :unsure). Since I don't love Vader with a passion I don't have the interest in working on one for 10 years, so having a very nice one that is completely done would be a win for me.

Truth is Art there isn't an ultimate ANH Vader for the hardcore, there are a few that are very close but none are 100%.

An amalgamation of features from different helmets from the UK and US moulds could get an ultimate ANH.

Unlike Fett fans who positively encourage working on helmet casts to make them more accurate the Vader community does not openly collaborate in the same way.

As my Vader helmets tend to be untouched raw casts that reside in cardboard boxes getting a completed display piece for me would also be a winner.

Chris

Chris, see that shows just how much I know about Vader... not much. I thought there was something that came out of the UK a couple of years ago that was just supposed to be "IT" when it comes to Vader, but who knows. Personally, I like the ESB Vader the best (just feels more refined than what seems to be sloppy work in ANH) but if Efx puts out the quality of product that I believe they will, I'd be happy with whatever I can get for a display piece.

With what has been posted so far it won't be as good as a TM, TD or an SL, but great that the masses can get their hands on something pretty accurate.
Actually... it would just be like a cleaned up SL, as it's from the exact same mold... so basically a DJ, if done correctly, but possibly with a more correct neck shape... or a Don Post ANH that spawned the Jeff/GH/Fyberdyne ANH helmets if done... well... wrong.

So... with minimal cleanup... and not too thick paint job... it will be a fine Vader helmet. They should definitely take note of the way the DJ looks... as that is how it can be done correctly.

Hope it's okay to post this - the DJ in all its glory:
DarthVaderHelmet-DJ-ANH-006.jpg

I'm so looking forward to seeing the photos out of SDCC now! This is extremely exciting news!

So... with minimal cleanup... and not too thick paint job... it will be a fine Vader helmet. They should definitely take note of the way the DJ looks... as that is how it can be done correctly.
DarthVaderHelmet-DJ-ANH-006.jpg

I was thinking the same thing. Give people something that looks like th DJ and you'll have a winner.

I have always loved how nasty he looked on the Tantive... so I'd be in if it was awesome and mean looking like that!

This would be great if eFX ever get around to actually doing it, still waiting for the TIE fighter. Hopefully it will be fast-tracked and if done with the right approach I think it will be a very nice helmet. Just hearing from certain individuals from the RPF that are contributing to this project gives me great hope that it will be done with the attention to detail that it deserves. A Vader helmet is a big missing piece in my collection and this would fit the bill nicely.

A Signature Edition (Dave Prowse, James Earl Jones) would be a nice touch, but just an accurate helmet would make me happy enough. Bumpy, rough and hand-painted would be the pinnacle.:thumbsup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back