Tron Legacy Costume

That's the disk most of us have. It's already out and available in stores like toys r us and target..for less money too. ;)

Really? I wonder why they're waiting til November to release it if it's already out cheaper in other stores. Ah well, time to take a trip to Target!

Are Sam's and Quorra's disks the same? Or will I have to make some modifications?

Really? I wonder why they're waiting til November to release it if it's already out cheaper in other stores. Ah well, time to take a trip to Target!

Are Sam's and Quorra's disks the same? Or will I have to make some modifications?

I'm not sure...that's probably a question for the group.

SO...everyone, are Sam's and Quorra's disk's the same?

I'm not sure...that's probably a question for the group.

SO...everyone, are Sam's and Quorra's disk's the same?

tron-legacy-quorra-banner_552x223.jpg

tron-legacy-banner-5-light-disc-battle-570x210.jpg

We're going to say 'Yes' on that one.

Thanks!!!! This is the first time I've ever had issues with an item on ebay not being as described or receiving the wrong thing...usually it's all good! Thanks so much for the info on the latex...but...you mean to tell me your latex Silk Spectre and Catwoman suits are ALL and ONLY glued!? And it holds? :| Dang girl...I'd be scared to wear that!!! I definitely think it might be the route I go for the armor though since it's a bit softer than this crappy vinyl I'm working with and at least there's a layer underneath just in case I eff up the gluing and something rips open. Hahha!

If you do go this route, please keep in touch about it as I'm totally interested in watching a pro. :D
Dear Girls,
I know your looking for some body armour for women can be tough. Forget getting the motorcycle armour or bicycle armour. It can get expensive. I believe I posted this website before, try www.museumreplicas.com They have some great prices. They have armour for the ladies and men. The armour ties down on elbows and shoulders. All you may need to do is paint it black. They have alot of costumes and outfits. I have a few girlfriends that love the dresses, corsets, etc. If you don't see what you want on line, give them a call.
Good Luck.:)

Hey i have yet to buy my tix to see it with everyone but will be doing so soon!

Just wanted to let everyone know I found a place in china that has 2" x 4' EL tape for $13.75 with inverter along with a $60 tooling fee. PM me if you want their info...

Hey all just wanted to show my almost finished TRON suit, I will test it out this saturday @ elecTRONica......pls let me know what i can add or improve on it...

Last edited:
Just ordered $100 of plastazote and 50' of orange EL wire for the lead guard concept costume. I'm concerned about the flexibility of the joints. Since the concept is only an illustration, the panels won't fit as closely in real life to allow for movement. I want to keep the lycra undersuit exposure to a minimum. I hope to get at least the upper torso wearable by the premier(longshot) and the whole thing finished by comicon 2011

tron-black-guard-concept-600w.jpg

And I might pep quorra's concept helmet, but take the lighting cues from Clu's helmet that has a similar shape.
The lighting on his costume is similar to the guard concept. The staff will be sanded plexi laminated between wood with the EL wire at the core to light up the plexi strip, that way I won't have to use 24' of el wire.

Last edited:
Well then, the programmes have decided. To Target it is!

Dear Girls,
I know your looking for some body armour for women can be tough. Forget getting the motorcycle armour or bicycle armour. It can get expensive. I believe I posted this website before, try www.museumreplicas.com They have some great prices. They have armour for the ladies and men. The armour ties down on elbows and shoulders. All you may need to do is paint it black.

I must have glossed over it, but I didn't see any armour for women. Could you provide a specific link to where you saw that?

Macross 22 - Your suit looks great so far! I'll surrender the floor to my more learned compatriots here as I'm still in the beginning stages of my costume.

Hey all!
I'm new to this forum. I've made a humble Quorra costume for Halloween, but am looking to upgrade it using all the tips that have been posted here :). In this photo the vest was fastened with velcro, but after a night of clubbing and having it bust open so many times, I have since sewed on a zipper :p.

69093_754571640467_24602452_41969468_552737_n.jpg

Well then, the programmes have decided. To Target it is!

I must have glossed over it, but I didn't see any armour for women. Could you provide a specific link to where you saw that?

Macross 22 - Your suit looks great so far! I'll surrender the floor to my more learned compatriots here as I'm still in the beginning stages of my costume.
You may have to call them an ask. Not everything they make is online.
You may call them at 1-800-883-8838.

Is there a sticky post or topic with resources for Legacy costumes?

Mostly where everyone is getting EL tape & wire from?

I found plenty in China at $150 for plenty of 2" wide EL tape in white with a sewable border but I'm worried about shipping taking forever to get here.

I found a picture of a helmet today and did a little research, it's a Gath RV (Retractable Visor) Helmet - because it looks like a sentry helmet:
gath09_rvhelmet.jpg

I found a picture of a helmet today and did a little research, it's a Gath RV (Retractable Visor) Helmet - because it looks like a sentry helmet:
gath09_rvhelmet.jpg

someone posted this earlier in the thread, somehwere. Heh ... Mein gott! Have we reached 38 pages?!! We should make a How to make a Tron costume thread just for step by step instructions . lol

All things TRON..LOL!!!! Check this out.

Tron Skate, this Monday.
TRON SKATE

I just might have to add some el-wire to my rollerblades now that the thought has been put in my head ;)

Hey all!
I'm new to this forum. I've made a humble Quorra costume for Halloween, but am looking to upgrade it using all the tips that have been posted here :). In this photo the vest was fastened with velcro, but after a night of clubbing and having it bust open so many times, I have since sewed on a zipper :p.

69093_754571640467_24602452_41969468_552737_n.jpg

Great job, Berrylish! That looks awesome! Are you going to try and light it up for the premiere?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back