"Captain America: The First Avenger" - first concept art! What´s the movie gonna be?

Re: First images of Captain America: The First Avenger!

Nice! It looks like they are paying homage to the old Cap of WWII! I wonder if the movie ends with him going into deep freeze or if it overlaps into modern day Cap with his modern day tights!?

I'm wondering if this is the 40's version of Cap or maybe the 21st Century Cap we might see at the end of the flick. This suit looks a little too modern for the WWII era Cap.

Could nitpick it to death. But, it could be alot worse.. and they are still only digital renderings. I hope the star on the chest is not raised as it appears and I hope they have the old shield for some part of the film.

Very Ultimate Cap feel too it, its better than what I was expecting, I like it.

Yea actually I'm curious on is this the modern Cap or WWII Cap, I was kinda hoping we'd see the triangular shield during WWII and then something about Stark finishing the one we saw in IM2.

Don't suppose someone could post here? I can't get that site here at work ... grrrrr!!!

I read an interview with the director where he mentions that we'll see two versions of the Cap costume in the film, one VERY true to the comics and one a little more realistic (which would be this one, I'd guess). I won't expand on it so I don't spoil anything for those 'sensitive' types!

For those who can't view on AICN:

capam4.jpg

capam3.jpg

capam2.jpg

capam1q.jpg

definitly looks like modern version, dont sww a WW2 era costume looking like kevlar modern body armor...

kind of surprised the kept the shield as simple as it is.

Thanks so much for posting those pics - I like it as well.

I'm not up on Marvel anymore, is this the Ultimates version of Cap?

I'm guessing that'd be the modern version too. It just looks too 'high tech' to be the WWII version to me. The helmet/mask is perfect IMHO. I could nitpick a few other details... for example I don't like the sculpted star on his chest. But aside from some nitpicks like that, I like it... at first glance at least.

I'm surprised we're seeing this art of Captain America when all we've seen of Thor so far is that one head and shoulders shot. Maybe they wanted to get a sense of fan reaction in case the fans absolutely hated it...

Thanks so much for posting those pics - I like it as well.

I'm not up on Marvel anymore, is this the Ultimates version of Cap?

Yeah, more or less that's the Ultimates version... it's different in a lot of details but it's the general idea.

Not a fan. Gimme the old-school cap, wings and all. WWII Cap is fine with his helmet and such, but the modern version I think should be the classic version.

I'm really not a fan of much of any of the costumes of Ultimates characters.

I am really digging it. I am not too familiar with old-school vs new-school Cap, but I like what I see.

Only nitpick would be the lack of ears/wings. I've wondered all along whether or not they would include this element. Now seeing that it's not there, I can't help but wish they were there.

Love this suit. Looks very cool.

I can't help but wonder if UD Replicas be making a version of it after the movie is out.

Classic Cap:

capt-america-classic.jpg

Ultimates WWII Cap:

Ultimate%20Captain%20America.jpg

Ultimates Modern Cap:

Bryan%20Hitch%20Captain%20America%20Ultimates.jpg

Basically, this is the ultimates costume. I'm thinking that, for the most part, Marvel's "Ultimates" line is intended to be their "film-friendly" version of stories so that they can make a comics line that sticks with film continuity, and which has easier-to-translate-to-film costumes instead of the classic ones.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back