accurate ewok build

naatsirhc

Hello everyone,
Here is a little project that Tk-4261 and I have been working on for our daughters. We decided to make ewoks, rare to see them trooping at events unlike the jawas. My camera was MIA for awhile so this starts several stages into the build. I was going to sculpt an ewok face, but decided it would be easier to use found objects and modify. I will begin with the head and progress thru the rest. We used a halloween mask, felt cap from Michael's and foam knee pads to build the head. On my mask I applied oven bake clay, sculpted the nose and mouth, baked and then glued to mask.
here is a pic of the face with fur layed on top as a test
ewok17.jpg

another angle
ewok16.jpg

the ears are made with oven bake clay backed with craft foam and covered
ewok18.jpg

I used wicket's features as a guideline for my face
That is it for today.......

awesome build. would love to turn my kids into ewoks! subscribe to thread? i think i will. :thumbsup

Here are some different views and my daughter test fitting her ewok bucket
side view w/ ears, note the foam has not been shaped
ewok19.jpg

test fit side view w/ shaped foam(cheeks)
ewok6.jpg

here you get a good look at the felt hat from Michael's( the elephant )
ewok8.jpg

front view test w/ shaped foam
ewok11.jpg

right side test w/ shaped foam
ewok12.jpg

test fit, note that those are her teeth. test fit complete everything lines up.
Notice the slight asymmetry w/ ears, the artist in me enjoys some wonkyness
like my tk bucket-it is also there w/ many ewoks
ewok4.jpg

next time adding fur...

They grow up so fast don't they. It seems like just yesterday she was playing with her Barbies and now she has a full beard.

It kind of looks like the mouth opens on that... or am I crazy?

They grow up so fast don't they. It seems like just yesterday she was playing with her Barbies and now she has a full beard.

Thanks,:lol

LOL
The mask is looking great so far! I'm excited to see it finished.

Thank you, the wait will not be too long
me too. haven't seen a good ewok build in a while. Are you going to do Wicket as well?

I used Wicket as a guideline for this one, I do have plans to make a wicket at some point. Most of the ewoks I've seen are subpar(not meant as insult) or are recreations of the ewoks that are not seen up close on screen, like the ones traveling with SW in concert( I was dissapointed by those in the case ).
Wow, VERY impressive so far!
Thank you again for the praise! Nice to hear from those who have been around awhile.:)

Here we go with the fur. Those of us who are troopers are well aware of the multiple uses of E-6000, Very affordable at Wal-Mart and works well on a varity of mediums. All of the fur, Foam and ears were attached with it.
Using push pins to hold in place I began with the left side(threw in one lens)
ewok24.jpg

side view
ewok25.jpg

both sides
ewok26.jpg

Brow, see the pins
ewok27.jpg

Popped in lenses to get a peek
ewok28.jpg

Gluing more hair
ewok31.jpg

Front with glue setting w/ lenses
ewok32.jpg

another angle,same side as above- note the pins. I broke the fur down into 8 0r 9 sections( not an expert at cutting material ) to make it easier to apply
ewok30.jpg

coming up, completed fur.....

Now it is time for some shots of the completed heads.
Brushed the fur and added teeth, took shots w/ flash front and side angles
ewok46.jpg

ewok47.jpg

ewok48.jpg

ewok49.jpg

shots w/ out flash
ewok51.jpg

ewok52.jpg

Both heads fully furred
ewok54.jpg

I will need to replace the hood, did not get a big enough piece and had to stich the sides, but it still looks good. Added flowers for a feminine look
Finished Head
ewok70.jpg

next time hands and feet....

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back