Star Wars helmets buried in the forest.

i think you both misunderstand what happened. it looks like his father and his fathers friend buried their own helmets after production with intent to unbury them and keep them
not that the props department buried them for some treasure hunt years later.

Agreed...think there are two stories here.

Previous to this new story, i had read that the prop department put the ROTJ armour etc in a hole in the forest, and that its more than likely to be all flat now.

What a great story and sorry to hear it was taken. Thanks for sharing.

There have been a lot of original JEDI helmets bought and sold since that time. If it is out there Jez will know about it. :thumbsup

Joe

If the story is true - i wish you all the luck in the world finding the helmet.

If it's not true and you get someone to send you a helmet - you are a genius.

If the story is true - i wish you all the luck in the world finding the helmet.

If it's not true and you get someone to send you a helmet - you are a genius.

..yeah I had a friend of a friend bury a full speeder bike there too , if anyone find one let me know..I know the tells :)

What a great story and a sad loss.... :(
If you do ever find it you should send it straight to me and I'll make sure it never goes missing again.....:)

Ooooookay, my reply was for another thread, just in case someone was wondering what the hell I was on about, sorry about that :/

But, yeah, I've heard this story too. Amazing if true, now where's my shovel...lol.

Cheers,

Kraig

Last edited:
What an excelelnt story. It must have been hard for quite a few people to hand those buckets back in when filming wrapped. I hope the helmet is in good hands wherever it is.

A pristine very weathered ROTJ Helmet has just been discovered in the USA. I wonder if they are related, details on the OPC.

Joe

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back