"V" just lost all credibility

Didn't see the new one, but watched the 80's "V" marathon on SciFi yesterday; Enjoyable still, and hard to believe the SFX back then were considered well done...

I loved the scene in the Ramalan (sp?) feast episode when Donovan and Parrish arrive on the mothership as scientists, and Oswald tells them the research lab is in "The X wing, room 1138 I think..." :lol

Yeah, they were all about "now we have proof"...as defined by what law or legal precedent? How is "because someone from outer space said so" going to hold up in court?

:lol That's exactly what I said. Jurors couldn't even figure out DNA to convict OJ, so how would you explain that?

Treadwell said:
IF ONLY she'd shared with her son the evidence she has about the V's in any of the numerous opportunities she's had...

She couldn't tell him last night though because she knows the people helping the Vs have uniforms with cameras.

So funny. Guess they can't go to the extreme in these shows but always has to have these... oh, this is serious, but we're not gonna do anything about it... kinda things. Days of our Lives, anyone. Bunch of people standing around scowling at each other. LAME TELEVISION that just drags on and on and on and on and on.

If they stumble upon a dead body... for heavens sake, string it up in public or where it is bound to make the biggest headlines. And... you don't even have to expose yourself doing it.

STUPID.

You know it's funny how people reacted this way to BSG when it first appeared.. Look where that went.. Give it time and questions will be answered..
And that was still a POS. Can't believe I dragged my sorry ass through more than one season.

I've gotta agree with what most have stated. As much as I want to like it, as I loved the original (cheese and all), this rendition is just not "hitting it" yet for me.

It's watchable, but mainly because I have a fresh newborn, and there is not much else I can do now...at least for a while if nothing is on T.V.:lol

It's watchable, but mainly because I have a fresh newborn, and there is not much else I can do now...at least for a while if nothing is on T.V.:lol

You actually have time for TV? My daughter just turned 4 months and TV time beyond 'Baby Signing Time' (giving her a jump start on an alternative language) has approached nil for the last 4 months...

I just don't know what to say about the ending of this episode. It's so un-"V" like and the pace is slow. My biggest complaint since the start was Ty, he's just as nerving as Wesley Crusher - I don't even like him as a character. After 5 episodes, I just don't really care for those characters, except for the FBI mother, whatever her name was, just forgot.

Ok, I can't expect like TSCC to make a strong impression after such a short time, I'll be still watching, but won't make it for long I guess. :unsure

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back