Finished Supernatural Colt Replica

DarthCalibar

Just got done making this for my brother's Christmas present. For those of you who aren't familiar with the show "Supernatural" on the CW, this gun is from that show and is capable of killing anything. This took me 2 weeks to make and is made entirely out of wood and woodglue. The paint is Rustoleum Metallic charcoal and Testors gold enamel. I did the words "non timebo mola" and etching designs with a fine point sharpie. I haven't done all of the etching yet because I can't find good reference of the rest of the etching... If anyone has good reference pics let me know.

Anyways, here are the pictures...

102_0971.jpg

102_0972.jpg

102_0973.jpg

102_0974.jpg

102_0975.jpg

102_0976.jpg

102_0977.jpg

102_0978.jpg

102_0981.jpg

102_0982.jpg

102_0983.jpg

102_0984.jpg

On this particular model of Colt, the trigger folds out upon cocking the hammer. This is a static model, therefore the hammer does not pull back, thus in turn there is no trigger to fold out.

DarthCalibur, did you have any drawings or measurements to use? Or did you just "wing it"?

I have no supplies right now so I can't even begin a scratch build but I want to start something soon....

DarthCalibur, did you have any drawings or measurements to use? Or did you just "wing it"?

I have no supplies right now so I can't even begin a scratch build but I want to start something soon....

From the tip of the Barrel to the chamber is 7.5 inches. I used that measurement to scale up some side profile pictures. I measured those pictures for the size.

The colt in the show is a Texas Paterson which has a 9" barrel. I have a real functional c/b revolver. I'm working on a resin mold now.

The colt in the show is a Texas Paterson which has a 9" barrel. I have a real functional c/b revolver. I'm working on a resin mold now.

Ah. I couldn't find much information in the form of blueprints/dimensions for the Paterson. i think I got the 7.5 inch measurement for the barrel from some dimensions i found for a similar colt. (perhaps the navy version, I don't recall.)

Your craftsmanship is to be applauded and admired. I shall have to try my hand at this as well sometime.

Wow. i know that this is an old thread, but this looks absolutely great for the materials you used. Could you share the steps you took in making it?

Yeah, it is an old thread but I gotta admit to coming back for a look occasionally :) It's still on my 'to do' list to have a go at trying to make one out of wood etc....

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back