Original Stormtrooper Helmets

<div class='quotetop'>(voice in the crowd @ May 26 2006, 10:31 AM) [snapback]1251075[/snapback]</div>
I would also love to see the one stunt and one hero in the LFL archives some RPF members do have photos but cannot share as they were told not to by LFL when they photographed them. Shame :(
[/b]

I received permission from a generous soul to post these. While I did not take them I have put my email addy on them to keep anyone else from claiming them as their own. Aside from the person who took these pics, I know TE has at least one pic showing these two helmets as well as at least 4 RotJ helmets in the archives, but he is (for whatever reason) unwilling to share them. I really appreciate these, non-TE pics being made available to me and now being made available to you. I am sorry this is all we have but at least it does prove the existance of the Hero helmet. If anyone else has additional photos, I strongly encourage them to share and not horde them as it can only benefit the community. These particular pics were taken approx 6 months ago, at the archives.

archive_buckets.jpg

archive_buckets2.jpg

Hi Braks,

Thanks very much for sharing. Also please thank the generous soul who donated these pictures it is much appreciated :)

:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Is the hero helmet the one used for all the LFL publicity stills?

The left hand mic tip on the stunt looks way out of position compared to most possibly we can place this on screen now.

Cheers Chris.

:eek

Thank you Braks for posting those and to the generous owner of the pics, you're both bloody legends.

Cheers,

Kraig

Thanks Braks

That is exactly what this thread is about - the sharing of pictures and information. Amazing pics.

That picture confrims the Hero is def ABS and not painted HDPE.

Cheers

Joe

Thank you so much for sharing these pics Braks,and a big thank you to owner of the pics too :thumbsup

<div class='quotetop'>(The Dark Side @ May 28 2006, 08:25 AM) [snapback]1252034[/snapback]</div>
That picture confrims the Hero is def ABS and not painted HDPE.
[/b]

I wouldn't say that Chris.The helmets could be made from another type of white plastic and could also be painted inside and out,just much more carefully than the stunts.It's quite possible the hero's were made from the same material as the armour,which I don't think is any kind of ABS.

-Paul.

EDIT-I think this hero helmet is the 'promo' guy.

<div class='quotetop'>(troopermaster @ May 27 2006, 11:48 PM) [snapback]1251834[/snapback]</div>
That one looks exactly like the ones I saw at Wembley MOM,with the pin holes next to the eyes.Much better than the JJ/Kurtz and the cut down Disney suit's.Below is a JJ/Kurtz
JJsuit2.jpg

[/b]

May be just me but isnt there something weird in this suit? :confused

Fantastic photos, many thanks for posting those :thumbsup

The mic tips on the hero helmet seem to be made from a different material than the usual white injected stuff, at least in that pic.

On a side note the JJoiner helmet is really a terrible helmet, you could even expect a CO fiberglass helmet to look better than that. :lol

Paul

It may not be ABS but is cannot be painted, there are scuffs but no paint chips, almost every other original painted helmet has paint chips....

<div class='quotetop'>(HDPE STORMY @ May 28 2006, 09:34 AM) [snapback]1252050[/snapback]</div>
On a side note the JJoiner helmet is really a terrible helmet, you could even expect a CO fiberglass helmet to look better than that. :lol
[/b]

It does look terrible but on a side note I had heard the propmaker who made these fibreglass replicas of the helmet and armour only got one day with the originals to make casts so for a days work it aint that bad :lol

One thing to note is that the JJ helmet is actually a cast of the inside on the helmet so if it were vac formed over it may look better???? Also the eyes are cut out too big and the faceplate is mounted in a terrible position (look at the gap between the dome and the faceplate at the forehead).

The whole thing looks very weird.

Cool pics Braks, thanks for posting them and thanks to the owner :)

Those pictures confirm that the hero helmets were made from high gloss plastic and not matt white plastic as some people thought.

If the hero helmets were made from the same plastic as the x-wing helmets (and i think they would be) i would say they're made from acrylic capped styrene or abs.
I didn't think that acrylic capped plastic would have been available back in 1976, until i saw the
X-wing/Y-wing helmets i saw at the Christie's auction in London, which were definitely acrylic capped.

Keith.

Great pictures Brak :)

I assume they are ANH helmets?If so could the Hero be the one the HF wore?

JJ/Kurtz should be ashamed of that trooper costume,i almost felt physically sick at the sight of that monstrosity :D

<div class='quotetop'>(_Lee_ @ May 28 2006, 02:13 PM) [snapback]1252094[/snapback]</div>
JJ/Kurtz should be ashamed of that trooper costume,i almost felt physically sick at the sight of that monstrosity :D
[/b]

They should be more ashamed that they have auctioned a couple of them off billed as 'tour suits' through Profiles in History auction house. Some people actually paid thousands of pounds for these :eek: .

Just out of interest does anybody have any good pics they are willing to share of the two TE helmets which are now the DavidM ANH Stunt Helmet and The BrianR ANH Stunt Helmet.

Cheers Chris.

Hey guys. You are very welcome for the pics... just remember, it wasn't me, directly, that made them available. While I can't name the picture taker, I want to make sure credit is given where it is due.

<div class='quotetop'>(GINO @ May 28 2006, 12:38 PM) [snapback]1252089[/snapback]</div>
I wouldn't say high gloss, but more like a semi-gloss.
[/b]

Hi Gino,

I don't know about semi gloss, looking at those pics i don't think a helmet could be any more gloss than that and thats 30 year old plastic. Look at the picture taken of the front of the hero around the mic tips.
I bet the hero helmets were made from the exact same acrylic capped plastic the X and Y wing helmets were made from and believe me, those were acrylic capped and very shiny.

Keith.

I believe that the same material was used on the x and y wing helmets, it just wasn't acrylic capped. Keith, I'll be able to give you some better proof very soon.

<div class='quotetop'>(voice in the crowd @ May 28 2006, 06:21 AM) [snapback]1252018[/snapback]</div>
Hi Braks,

Thanks very much for sharing. Also please thank the generous soul who donated these pictures it is much appreciated :)

:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Is the hero helmet the one used for all the LFL publicity stills?

The left hand mic tip on the stunt looks way out of position compared to most possibly we can place this on screen now.

Cheers Chris.
[/b]

I believe it is, I matched up the pic Matt took with one of the Promo hero and there were too many similarities for it not to be the same. I may post later.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back