Building the 8' Star Destroyer (superstructures done)

Re: Building the 8' Star Destroyer (portside primered, lots of pics)

Thank you very much guys !

Jay : I still have some work on the starboard side, scribbing all the panel lines, cutting and gluing all the styrene chips, drilling holes and gluing the fiber optics... A lot of work to do !

I really think you need to write a book on this journey you have been taken..Like everyone says it's incredible ,but i think the journey to the finish is even more interesting

I have to say the most ambitious project Ive seen. The part for part accuracy is scary... really. GREAT Job Juilien. The largest attempted to date!

Steve

This is really beyond belief MT, it looks incredible. I can't imagine the amount of work you've done to get it to this point. Awesome mate!!

Julien,
Stunning as usual....I was just curious if you had any idea how much the assembly weighs so far? It 'looks' heavy, but I'm guessing not so. Another SS work of art!

Wow man, that is the most respectable SS build I've ever witnessed. You are going ten times faster than ILM and they had an entire crew working on this rig.....LOL

Absolutely incredible, astonishing!!! This is the most amazing and ambitous replica endeavor I've ever seen. Keep going, sir!

Humina..Humina..Humina :love

Amazing build Julien. It's hard for me to fathom the difficulty in recognizing and locating each and every little part on that thing. There must be thousands.

Wow man, that is the most respectable SS build I've ever witnessed.
I absolutely agree... this is IMHO the pinnacle of Studio Scale Modelling. I've been waiting for these last pics with primer, for what seems like ages... makes a BIG improvment to the overall look of the model :thumbsup

You are going ten times faster than ILM and they had an entire crew working on this rig.....LOL

IMO Julien's achievement is waaay more impressive than ILM's original build. Remember he's having to anaylse and examine hundreds of film stills and behind-the-scenes pics, to identify which parts were used for the original model, made over 30 years ago... then attempt to source the donor kits which were probably stacked to the ceiling in the local model shops of the day :confused
They simply had to build a large spaceship that they could finish by adding kitbashed pieces onto it... if it looked 'right' then it went on.
Julien's having to ID each individual piece and then incorporate it into the model so that it looks like the original model from 1979. This requires a skill level far-and-beyond any skill that the ILM'ers had, if you ask me :)

These pics show the model to be super-clean and showing an already immensive sense of scale :thumbsup

Now, let's see some more pics, Julien... and no need to apologise! We're lovin' it!

Cheers,
John

What a blast! It must have been a wild experience seeing that primed :cool
When finished, this will definately be the king of the hill!!!:love

Stunning Julien!. I really hate to think how many bucks are tied up in all those original kit parts dude, but that's not the point is it, the pics speak for themselves. Primer coat really popped all those kit parts into something amazing J.
Your'e a machine mate. Best update yet!.
Stu

Julien, qui est encore une merveille de voir à l'œil. J'espère vraiment qu'un jour prochain je peux à nouveau vous rendre visite et voir les progrès pour moi.

Vous êtes vraiment un homme très doué. En espérant vous voir bientôt,

le meilleur Ver Guy

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back