Building the 8' Star Destroyer (superstructures done)

Re: Building the 8' Star Destroyer (portside primered, lots of pics)

You must have patience beyond belief. Totally incredible and too good for words.

.... but should receive some parts for her this week !

Whenever the parts *do* arrive, I'll call your boss and tell him you're sick and can't come in to work.
Hey, I studied French language 18 years ago... like riding a bike, right?

"Escuse Moi, Monsieur Boss.... Julien est malade. Il a le Fevre Styrene" :confused

That should do the trick, and buy you some time to work on this piece of art :love :lol

Cheers,
John
swdvds@yahoo.com

:lol Lol John, I'm not sure my boss knows what styrene is though lol
Your french is very good, even after 18 years !

Fortunatly I wont work until September, and I dont have the september schedule yet ! Thanks to my job lol

Thanks for your interest guys, the boring job will start, scribbing, cutting and gluing styrene chips etc... Not very exciting !

You must have patience beyond belief. Totally incredible and too good for words.

yeah , after this where can he go...this is the ultimate SS...he'll have to start cross-stitching in SS after this...great as always

What can I say that hasn't been said already a hundred times? There really is nothing like this build. I love it to death! Your dedication is so impressive and I bow to your skills. (y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Thomas

:lol Lol John, I'm not sure my boss knows what styrene is though lol
Your french is very good, even after 18 years !

Merci bien, mon amie! The only other French that we were taught at school was "Ou est le Gare?" so unfortunately my French is very limited! :lol

Now my Spanish is much better... I can say "Dos paella, por favor", quickly followed by "Donde esta el papel higenico por favor?!?!" :lol

Now, enough off-topic rambling from me... back to Julien et le Grande Star Destroyer :cool

Cheers,
John
swdvds@yahoo.com

Thank you Lee and Thomas ! :)

Muy bien John ! Es muy importante saber donde es el papal higenico ! :lol

Thanks I'm improving my spanish skills ! (argh I've almost finished as a spanish teacher, fortunatly I changed my way before it was too late ! )

Why did they teach you "où est la gare" ? There are plenty of things more important "je t'aime", "quel est ton numéro de téléphone ?" and more ! :lol
Oh and this one you probably already know "voulez-vous coucher avec moi ?"

Ok I stop ! Still dont have received the parts yet, but I'm working on something else to not waste my time ! :love

How are you going to display this once it is completed?

On as stand and on the floor, cant be displayed another way (too heavy). The true question is "where", not in the living room, that's clear, Miss Tox doesnt want, so I dont know !

Why did they teach you "où est la gare" ? There are plenty of things more important "je t'aime", "quel est ton numéro de téléphone ?" and more ! :lol
Good question! I think he was worried about all us 16-year old blokes from N.Ireland going over to France and stealing your beautiful ladies off the Frenchmen! LOL
I'm making a note of your chat-up lines, just in case I bump into Vanessa Paradis the next time I'm in France :love
Oh and this one you probably already know "voulez-vous coucher avec moi ?"
Yep, but it might be too direct to start out with in the typical Parisian night club? :$
Maybe "Voulez-vous prendre un Bacardi-Breezer?" 5 or 6 of those later, and the answer to "Voulez-vous couchez avec moi ce soir?" might be more successful! :lol

MonsieurTOX said:
On as stand and on the floor, cant be displayed another way (too heavy). The true question is "where", not in the living room, that's clear, Miss Tox doesnt want, so I dont know

I'd be glad to help you out there mate... I've got loads of floorspace a la Maison de Stormtrooper....just give me the word and I'll be over in a van with a 'Fistful of Euros' :angel
And we can practice some of those French 'chat-up lines' at the local hot-spots? Maybe I'll return home with une petite Francais mademoiselle to go along with the greatest Studio Scale model I've ever seen! :love

Cheers,
John
swdvds@yahoo.com

Absolutely phenomenal!!!

If you want, I can ask my buddy at ILM if he has or can get more photos he took while he did some minor repairs.

390762621.jpg

Absolutely phenomenal!!!

If you want, I can ask my buddy at ILM if he has or can get more photos he took while he did some minor repairs.

Wow that's one heck of an offer! I'm sure Julien would be delighted to get some nice close-ups of the areas that are unclear in the movie stills etc. :thumbsup
Maybe a 32GB SDHC card with a bottle of finest Chateau, would help to super-charge this ambitious project? ;)

Nice pic! At least this solves the mystery of the current whereabouts of the original 8' ISD - if your friend was working on it recently then it must be at I.L.M.'s place?
Shame it's not on tour somewhere :unsure

Thanks on behalf of us all (including Julien!) for this fantastic offer!

Cheers,
John
swdvds@yahoo.com

I need to mention:

1) Sorry when I said ILM...I meant Kerner. Force of habit.

2) The pics he sent me were of a couple years back, so I cannot say the SD is still there.

Here's another pic I found.
390800062.jpg

He's one helluva nice guy. He invited me to an "ILM" exhibit that displayed props where I met Lorne peterson, Charlie Bailey, and steve Gawley. Sadly no pics allowed. He knows i'm working on the 5' falcon, so I got special privileges! :love

390800061.jpg

Last edited:

It's good to see that these models are being taken care of....

feel free to post more pics :love

Can I ask about the detail parts. Are you just randomly putting various pieces on that look good or are you copy each piece as it is on the actual model???

Thanks and amazing:love:love:lovework

On as stand and on the floor, cant be displayed another way (too heavy). The true question is "where", not in the living room, that's clear, Miss Tox doesnt want, so I dont know !

This is thread is such a fun read.
I gotta say that even attempting this is just incredible.
And the model is the best, absolutely fantastic!!

It's good to see that these models are being taken care of....

feel free to post more pics :love

Were these pics taken after the 8' SD and the 5' Xwing got misplaced and damaged while being transported from one exhibit to another?
I heard the damage to the SD after it was finally found again was big.

Tim

Can I ask about the detail parts. Are you just randomly putting various pieces on that look good or are you copy each piece as it is on the actual model???

Thanks and amazing:love:love:lovework

i believe he has more or less details for the entire ship..hero sides anyway and some he has to " wing" it , but i have a feeling he has some incredible images to go by.
I have learned that saying " random " in the SS section is like saying " recast' in the prop section..lol

the more I come to the site , i drift toward the SS section to learn and make notebooks for reference for my own projects one day.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back