RESEARCH THREAD - The Force Unleashed´s Apprentice final suit *SPOILER*

Hermes

Sr Member
The original post remains a bit further down here, but I would like to invite you guys to RESEARCH this costume, instead of just looking at it, for it IS an amazing one, and I would very much like to pass on what I´ve learned from it. Granted, it´s not that much, still, the opportunity to make it was very appreciated, and I´m sure many of you would like to take on any costume from The Force Unleashed, so why not start by researching this one?:)

So let´s start the exchange of information :)

(Original Post)

Ladies and gentlemen from the RPF, greetings.

It´s my pleasure to start showing some things I´ve done in the past years, starting from the most recent suit I´ve done.

Galen Marek (AKA - The Starkiller, AKA Vader´s Apprentice) in his final suit, the one he wears when entering the Death Star. It´s called in the game "Jedi Adventure Robe".

This is a friend of mine, who´s most likely joining the RPF as soon as registration opens. He wanted to present the Jedicon here in full regalia, as well as going onstage in a Lightsaber duel (courtesy of our resident Lightsaber team - SaBReS - check it on Youtube - easily found if you check "edianese" or "maxfower") and all was done, however, the Jedicon itself never came to be, due to some complications with permits and all. The suit, however, is 100% done, at least the version 1.0, so to speak.

RPF1.jpg

And now with the hood...

RPF2.jpg

I realize the pants should be cream-colored, but about FIVE minutes prior to this photoshoot, we had an accident involving a chocolate sundae and a badly-placed picnic sheet.... (my fault, actually....) So the second choice was wearing the black pants he luckily was bringing from the cleaners.

I hope you guys like it, and if anyone wishes, I´m around to comment or explain anything about it.

Thanks a lot, RPF!

Hermes!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: The Force Unleashed´s Apprentice final suit *SPOILER*

Looks great, thats my favorite costume from the game. I'm working on one too!

Do you want me to share with you any insights on what I´ve done? I wouldn´t mind at all. It´s all very basic, really!

Nice one Hermes!
Love costumes from videogames, and this one looks really welldone!:cool:thumbsup

Hermes that's seriously good work, the costume looks better than it does in the game, even!

Thanks, Master Rhett! I must say that over half the effect is the stance my friend has. I have many more pictures, and due to the limitations of Wackychimp´s 75K (THANK you, WC!), I felt I shouldn´t abuse. :)

Master Ramiel, thanks a lot! Here´s me waiting for one day to make your own Bat-design or, actually any other design feasible :)

Dave, thanks a lot! I told you I had something on the oven, I just thought this would be a nice surprise! (ah, and I have some other things, too!)

Does anyone have any question about it? I can explain anything, for it´s not only a show-off, if I can help people out doing their own projects that may have some similarity to this one´s features!

Thanks, folks!!

Bobby, thank you so much! And James, I`m glad you asked. It´s actually not metal at all, and neither is his vest´s, the one that covers that rather strange strip over his shoulder.

Both are constructed in the same way, the inner material is the difference. They are plastic. (the belt is .08 PVC and the vest´s is 1mm PVC) covered in a metalized .... rats.

How do I translate this?

Imagine the same material some women use for shoes, metalized, but not in a leathery-textured finish. Instead, very smooth, almost free of bumps. So, it´s a sort of plastic, much like synthetic leather, but metallic, and then I just covered the PVC cut in shape, and in the vest bent it to shape, and in the belt just glued it to make the final design, which is undisturbable, can´t be made wonky to any side, just because of that.

And the actual belt is a kind of click-on, stays on the back, under the Tabs, under the Straps, so nothing is lost in the translation there, so to speak.

I could and would have made it in metal, but this friend of mine said that since he´ll be performing a rather intense and lengthy saber fight with it onstage, it´d be best to avoid any metal on the suit altogether, so I kept it to a bare minimum, discarding it when it was not necessary for the functionality of the suit, such as the buckles you can see in his gauntlets.

Any more questions? :)

DarkeSword, I couldn´t see it , it was too little, but how about us making this one not a show-off thread, instead a RESEARCH thread on this costume?

I´ll edit the title now.

You know, that´s odd... I thought more people would be interested in knowing more about this suit, and since I researched it quite a bit, I could be of help....

oh, well, that´s surprising!

Is there any thing you need from my own experience? It´s PRETTY straightforward, and I can take pics of all the different parts separately, if you wish.

this costume has really came along great work.. i am helping someone make this costume. it is good to see one of these finished.. great work..

Is there any thing you need from my own experience? It´s PRETTY straightforward, and I can take pics of all the different parts separately, if you wish.
Thanks anyway, I think I have it all planned out.:)

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back