Stunt Vader ROTJ Saber - Grip Template

Brevin Din-Shay

Sr Member
Last edited:
Nice template, David. Thanks!

As for what to call the saber, it seems that all we need to do is add "stunt" to Vader ROTJ when we refer to it. I mean, everybody who knows enough to differentiate Vader sabers has known exactly which one "Vader ROTJ" is referring to. I think most of these people are well aware of the history of that prop in the other movies as well these days anyway.

If you add "stunt" it would help educate those that don't, and Gino's expertise won't be have to be wasted so meaninglessly. :thumbsup

This is a nice template and will b much easier than following the dodgy pics at a funny angle that are widely available like i did a couple of years ago when building my graflex based lightsaber prop as seen in the film titled Star Wars The Return of the Jedi.

Nice work, thanks.

Ooh, I made that template! Glad that its still useful!

Shame about the thread going off into the woods, though.

Well, years later, let's get it back on track. I plan on completing 4 "Charles" sabers in the next month.

For newcomers here who haven't seen this thread, again, I believe Barnstormer did a great service many years ago. Ignore all the drama that was off topic, and use the template for fun prop making. :)

Take care.

4 charles?

I still have a charles I need a shroud for... any ideas?

My attempt to get one off Kenny was a fail, and so was my junkyard post..

thanks in advance!

Well, years later, let's get it back on track. I plan on completing 4 "Charles" sabers in the next month.

For newcomers here who haven't seen this thread, again, I believe Barnstormer did a great service many years ago. Ignore all the drama that was off topic, and use the template for fun prop making. :)

Take care.

I used to cast the parts (the main ones, shroud, box, ball catch), and sell kits for conversions. I may have an extra one floating around....I'll PM ya.
Have fun with your Charles build! ;)

Last edited:
This thread is about a template that is still 100% accurate. It isn't a debate over what is considered the "REAL" lightsaber, stunt, hero, or otherwise.
Thanks.

Cleaned up a lot of unnecessary commentary in this thread and added "Stunt" to the title. For anyone confused about any remaining commentary, there was a bit of debate discussion over the naming of this saber. It is commonly referred to as the Vader RoTJ but in more recent years has been determined to be the stunt saber shared between Luke and Vader throughout the entire trilogy. So there you go. Call it what you will, but lets get this back on track.

This thread is about a template that is still 100% accurate. It isn't a debate over what is considered the "REAL" lightsaber, stunt, hero, or otherwise.
Thanks.

Oh dude, I know it's accurate! That's for sure!

Do you by any chance know what kind of graflex the actual saber is based off of? Because I'm going to be getting a saber collection here soon, and would love to make my own replica of this saber....

Cleaned up a lot of unnecessary commentary in this thread and added "Stunt" to the title. For anyone confused about any remaining commentary, there was a bit of debate discussion over the naming of this saber. It is commonly referred to as the Vader RoTJ but in more recent years has been determined to be the stunt saber shared between Luke and Vader throughout the entire trilogy. So there you go. Call it what you will, but lets get this back on track.

Thanks, Art. :)

Oh dude, I know it's accurate! That's for sure!

Do you by any chance know what kind of graflex the actual saber is based off of? Because I'm going to be getting a saber collection here soon, and would love to make my own replica of this saber....

Hey Rinz,
It's just your basic, run-of-the-mill Graflex that was Luke's original....so far as we know, lol...the bottom half is still up for debate, it's so messed up, but the top shell is definitely a Graflex.

This thread is tedious to read through, but you will get a TON of research and questions answered in it....
http://www.therpf.com/f79/more-details-vader-rotj-saber-please-archive-165/

Good luck!

OK David, so what the hell is a "Charles"? :wacko

It's a code name for your upcoming present....now you spoiled the surprise. ;)
Hey, good news to update you on - the nylon insert rod was ACTUALLY FOUND and not stolen, but keep looking at our "secret" store for more. :D

E-mail me! We need to catch up!

Not much of a "secret code" in a thread about the notROTJactuallyentiretrilogyLuke&Vadersharedstunt saber ;) :lol
Welcome to Charlesland, then. :)Please do keep an eye out for more of the insert rods, and gimme a call or email (NOT old nolan addy) when you can. It's cool to see people able to use this template who otherwise never would have seen or found it.

Hey Rinz,
It's just your basic, run-of-the-mill Graflex that was Luke's original....so far as we know, lol...the bottom half is still up for debate, it's so messed up, but the top shell is definitely a Graflex.

This thread is tedious to read through, but you will get a TON of research and questions answered in it....
http://www.therpf.com/f79/more-details-vader-rotj-saber-please-archive-165/

Good luck!
Haha, I got time to read! I can't start working anyway until my ESB Vader is done, so as soon as that's finished, I might start working out a way to make one of these, but with lights and such.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back