Evolution of a screen-used Trek prop

feek61

Sr Member
A while ago I picked up a set-peice from the Enterprise episode "Minefeild" which was part of the mine. The description from the auction was actually "Xindi Super Weapon Interior" and it does appear in the last episode of the 3rd season of Enterprise too. Well, I've been casually watching Voyager again on Spike and TNG when it's on and I've seen this prop in each of those series also (well the beginning of what would become the "Minefeild" prop). So this thing has been around the block!!! I was wondering if anyone has noticed it in any other episodes or in DS9 which I'm not too familiar with. Anyway here is her evolution:

ThePegasusTNG.jpg

From the TNG episode "The Pegasus"

gravity_414.jpg

From the Voyager episode "Gravity"

Childs_Play_225.jpg

From the Voyager episode "Childs Play"

void_275.jpg

From the Voyager episode "The Void"

PDVD_055-2.jpg

From the Enterprise episode "MineFeild"

DSC00237-1.jpg

Sitting in my bedroom, lol.

Cool. Before the pictures loaded, I thought you were talking about the big ribbed sphere that formed the heart of the Romulan mine--it, too, appeared in all the modern TV series, and was also present in the Xindi superweapon. :lol

I guess they modified it from one usage to the next?

FWIW, I like it's final incarnation the best. :thumbsup :thumbsup

Very cool! :cool

Reminds me of the famous "blinking tubes" of Regula One.

There's a full list of reused Trek props here.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back