Does anyone know where to buy resin in San Diego?

seven

Sr Member
I normally order the stuff online, however i have an event in 3 days and I don't have the time to order any. Does anyone know were I can pick up resin and rtv silicone in the northern san diego area?

I need it ASAP, so I wont mind a little drive. thanks guys

Originally posted by seven@Mar 15 2006, 03:37 PM
I normally order the stuff online, however i have an event in 3 days and I don't have the time to order any. Does anyone know were I can pick up resin and rtv silicone in the northern san diego area?

[snapback]1206583[/snapback]​

Diversified Materials Corporation in La Mesa. Of if you don't mind super cheap resin go with Vagabond in Warren Springs.

Good Luck.

Originally posted by seven@Mar 15 2006, 04:37 PM

[snapback]1206583[/snapback]​

Sil Pak in Pamona, or look up Vagabond resin on the net.

Sil Pak is easy to get to. Vagabond is a ma and pa type operation but they are closer to you than SP, and you can pick you stuff up if needed.

Of the 2 if you can make the drive go to SilPak.

Scott

Originally posted by CaptCBoard@Mar 15 2006, 11:46 PM
Vagabondcorp.com

Phone:  760-782-3136

Don't let anyone fool you-- this is the best resin I've ever used.

Scott
[snapback]1206828[/snapback]​

Really??.?.? Vagabond. Did they develop something new. They had something called 36XXX that was quick and fast but it was nasty smelling and after about 5 years it would start to powder up.

What do you get from them?

They will also tint your resin for you if you have a mind to so something in color.

I use 36-XXX-slow and I've used 36-XXX-medium. I use the slow because it is, well, slower than the medium. It has a very slight, nearly non-existant odor. I've got castings more than 10 years old and sold zillions of kits without any complaint of any sort, including anything getting powdery. I can't speak for anyone's experience other than my own and when you consider I go through about 100 gallons of this stuff in a year, I think my experience is conclusive.

I should also say I've used many other resins, including Sil-pak. For my purposes, Vagabond just works the best, period. And the nice thing about Vagabond is, you are assured it is fresh because they make it on a daily basis. The oldest their resin might be is a day or two before you order it.

Scott

It has been literally 15 years since I have ordered from them. They must have improved their formulas. They didn't even have a slow or medium., at least they never told me about it. Nice to know.

I could be confusing it with something they had called Modelcast 2C. One of them was NASTY smelling.

They were always great to deal with. Fast and friendly. Good prices too.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back