Vintage Parks Obi Wan Hilt - Educate me please!

tmax

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys, I recently purchased this hilt described as a Parks Sabers hilt, but I don't know much about them and need educating.

d81LzRI.jpg

RxjUUXj.jpg

ZSe95dX.jpg

G7VIjOO.jpg

yeSBhXy.jpg

iVTsLwa.jpg

sgVWVKt.jpg

V7YBVx1.jpg

RJ4qUFk.jpg

GRUwnUs.jpg

Can someone confirm it is in fact a Parks?

What era was it made?

How accurate is it?

What is it worth? Not looking to sell, just want to know what it's value is.

The grenade grip appears to have oxidizing as does the end ring around the emitter. What is the best way to remove this?

Any and all info is much appreciated.

Cheers,
T.

I like the Parks grenades, other than the extra "step" on the final ring of the grenade but that can be filed off. Also, the windvane is upside down. Swap it around so the groove ring is on the bottom.

The pommel/handwheel is based on the later, oversized version of the AS handwheel.

The Parks booster should be a weird, long tube piece rather than an actual booster shape. This is because it was designed before the actual part was properly identified.

Be very careful with the clamp lever because his old ones break very easily when tightening.

I picked up just a parks grenade very recently and they are pretty impressive! (although mine looks a little dark green in sunlight)

I would swap out the bubble strip for one with only 7 bubbles, and Roman is always around if the clamp breaks.

So... yea this was before a couple parts were IDed and much less of the community was accessible for reference on these parts. The emitters are a little odd and the pommels are a little big. Looks like theres some corrosion or aged coating on your emitter and grenade! I would buff that right off

It is most definitely a Parks. I want to say 2006-2008. Back then it was around when I purchased mine directly from Jeff Parks for $160. Even back then these were not the most accurate parts available, though the graflex clamps were pretty dead on if I remember correctly.

Thanks guys. So stoked I got this to add to my V1 Parks Graflex, which I read is still one of the best replica Graflex around.

I2xKkud.jpg

Add these to my geniune vintage Graflex I just acquired and I’m starting to build a nice “vintage” collection.

20SmqQr.jpg

Ryyb7iO.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back