Poll: What did you think of The Predator?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Subscribe
    From
    St. Louis, MO
    3 Days Ago  Sep 21, 2018, 3:35 PM - Re: The Predator (Post-release) #26

Dreddful said: View Post
    It was a crappy movie, but I enjoyed it for the entertainment factor. The first half was great, though!

My problems:
    1) Waaaay too much swearing and vulgarity.
    In the motel room scene, I think the writers had a contest to see how many times they could get away with using the “P” word (kitty cat) in 30 seconds.
  2. Iron Heart RPF Premium Member Sundowner's Avatar
    From
    Midwest
    3 Days Ago  Sep 21, 2018, 8:09 PM - Re: The Predator (Post-release) #27

Wow what a stinker. Just wow.
    3 Days Ago  Sep 22, 2018, 1:24 AM - Re: The Predator (Post-release) #28

I have a potted plant in my living room that could have written a better Predator movie!. You have to try really hard to screw it up this badly!
    Last edited by Lord Boron; 3 Days Ago at 10:05 AM.
    2 Days Ago  Sep 22, 2018, 4:58 PM - Re: The Predator (Post-release) #29

From
    Chicago, Il
    2 Days Ago  Sep 23, 2018, 10:44 AM - Re: The Predator (Post-release) #30

Yep. I love the trust fund kid reference.
    1 Day Ago  Sep 23, 2018, 7:48 PM - Re: The Predator (Post-release) #31

So I watched it again. One of my questions was why was fugitive killing everyone. He only killed the 'bad' guys who had him sedated and wanted his tech. He motioned to the good guys to drop their weapons. He wasn't trying to kill them. I wondered why they were willing to kill Olivia Munn but it is because she stole the vial of fluid they had extracted out of the fugitive. She had said before they were keeping her in the dark about it. I also wondered how the father knew the combination to the pred ship door. He scoped in on his son entering it. Other things: You can see the pred dog escape the trailer when the ship self-destructs. They shoe-horned a scene where main good guy grabs his stomach and is immediately seen leaving the RV after a toilet flushing sound. I guess this was to explain the stealth tech he used later on.
    From
    Krypton
    1 Day Ago  Sep 24, 2018, 5:15 AM - Re: The Predator (Post-release) #32

I just got home a bit ago from seeing this with my brother (in Dolby Cinema @ AMC for free with my AMC A-List membership ), and we both enjoyed the movie quite a bit (there were things we both disliked, but nothing major).

Unfortunately the whole experience was almost ruined by some (shameless) couple though...long story short they were already seated when we first walked inside the theater, and they were doing something they should not be doing anywhere but at home (I won't go into details, but let's just say she had her head "on his lap"). My brother said something immediately, and at first I didn't believe him, but unfortunately there was no mistaking it What made it worse is that they were sitting in the seats directly behind the seats we had reserved (the best/center seats in the auditorium). I tried to bite my tongue, as they did immediately stop when they saw us, but I blurted out "Classy" in a sarcastic voice when we got to our seats. After that I was very tempted to go speak to the manager, as I felt extremely uncomfortable with them behind us, but before I could even decide they both got up and left the auditorium, and thankfully they never returned.

Perhaps I sound like a jerk, but for some reason the whole thing really pissed me off (I've done similar things before, but that was when I was a dumb teenager, and I made sure that I was never caught ).