TND's Display for Star Wars Belts Build Thread

theyrenotdolls

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
As there are many iconic star wars belts out there, have any of you come up with any cool ways to display your creations, other than on a mannequin with a costume?

Last edited:
Re: Belt Display

I'm not sure if I have a photo handy, but I've got my Han belt hanging on the wall, spread out and flat.

Here you go...
d990614969de714f35eeba47f6d98cd6.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks, folks!

I've got an old (and probably inaccurate) Luke Jedi belt, too. Maybe I should hang it in the same fashion.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

I gotta admit, the main reason I don't have a holster is I don't have a good way of displaying it. Not in a way that wouldn't be harmful to the leather in the long run, in any event.
I love your display though! :thumbsup
Saddly, I don't have the wall space.

what about jedi belts? anyone hang these up or display in a cool way?

also, thinking "in universe"...how would the jedi have stored their belts?

What are those 6 circles up top?
Heh, that's a funny thing. There's one of those big outlets behind that, that I'm guessing at one point was for an old AC unit or something. The house I'm living in is pretty old, and on the outside, that's a brick wall, and I can see where originally there was a window with a window AC unit or something like that going on, that was later filled in with brick. It's WEIRD.

Anyway, the base of that thing with the six circles is a 1/72 airplane model display base, with a design molded-in to look like that perforated steel modular runway stuff from world war two, and the six circles are cast space ship/SciFi set-dressing greeblies I got from working on Avengers Infinity War, and they're glued on top of a plastic six-pack can holder, and it's all painted and distressed to look like some sort of Star Warsy power outlet panel or some such.

Short answer is it's just something I threw together to cover that ugly-ass outlet that's behind it!

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Dann
Well, you made good use of those set dressing pieces, even though they are from a different cinematic universe.

Nice. :thumbsup

Last edited by a moderator:

So I did sort of a rough draft....
measured waist circumference and front-back and left-right diameter.
Then used a jigsaw to cutout a couple “ellipses” from plywood, made a spacer in the middle and then glued it to a piece of cardboard poster tubing.

came out pretty good for a mock up. Will probably paint it.
I think a router with an ellipse jig would do a nicer job...gives me an excuse to buy another power tool.

Attachments

• 86DB24CF-9167-478E-B83F-2F65F017E0FA.jpeg
    86DB24CF-9167-478E-B83F-2F65F017E0FA.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 141
  • B1279B82-CD79-4362-A562-9CD4A57278B9.jpeg
    B1279B82-CD79-4362-A562-9CD4A57278B9.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 152
  • 7733D399-6CD9-4CDC-9D94-D1F7D35F9F8B.jpeg
    7733D399-6CD9-4CDC-9D94-D1F7D35F9F8B.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 136
  • E2C4C37D-62C8-4BCB-B027-C1AF0C3BC2BA.jpeg
    E2C4C37D-62C8-4BCB-B027-C1AF0C3BC2BA.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 154
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back