Interest Biff Tannen's cane from BTTF 2.

doppelganger

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi all, ive been working on Biff's cane from BTTF 2 and i'm about to make the master mould. Ive got enough material to make 10 and I wondered if there would be any interest from any members here.

The build thread can be seen here Biffs cane, I mean old Biff.... from the future.

20180803_141617.jpg

They will be cold cast bronze with a gloss black wooden cane with a brass ferrule. BIFF H.TANNEN will be laser engraved after casting so this can be left off or your own name engraved into the back of the fist if so desired. At the moment i'm thinking Option 1 will be $125 + shipping and Option 2 will be $145 + shipping but your thoughts on this will be most appreciated.

The head piece will be attached to the cane via an M10 thread embedded in the fist and will be screwed and glued into the wooden cane. Although I have no way of testing it for real strength the rough build I made last year is certainly strong enough to be used as walking stick and can handle my.....ample frame. Option 2 will include a full cane and a broken cane top piece to have a choice on how you wish to display it.

As stated I have enough parts and material to make around 10 but if interest is great enough i'll get the materials to make more.

Im in the UK and have shipped a cane abroad before (John Hammond) and I shipped it in a plastic pipe for protection so would probably do the same again. The cost of shipping shouldnt be anymore than $45 (for a 3 to 4 day service) worldwide but i'd get individual quotes to be sure.

Let me know if anyone is interested and i'll add you the "maybe" list.

Thanks for looking and if you have any questions please ask.

1. Aldo The Apache Option 1
2. el toro
3. EmmaInCandyland
4. MattgomeryBurns Option 2
5. Kovnyn
6. BrotherWilliam
7. OncleCharlie Option 2
8. TomVDJ Option 2
9. Joshslayton Option 1
10. shinema Option 2

Possible second run

11. LTsmash1200
12. Womble68
13. Bengrim09
14.Greeky04
15 johnnyfl
16 Kearan

Last edited:
I don't use a cane, but my brother has MS and uses one every now and then. He has the ash root cane I made several years ago, but I like this one too.

I'm definitely interested.

Mark me as interested too! They will ship from the UK (= no import taxes for EU buyers)?

Just out of interest, would a broken cane version be available?

It can be yes. Or you could get a full one and break it yourself. See...... now look what you've done. I could...... for a small extra cost not glue the head piece and provide a full cane and a broken cane so it could be swapped over as desired..... If there is any interest in that option i'll offer that up too.

Nice idea badges2nz

Last edited by a moderator:
It can be yes. Or you could get a full one and break it yourself. See...... now look what you've done. I could...... for a small extra cost not glue the head piece and provide a full cane and a broken cane so it could be swapped over as desired..... If there is any interest in that option i'll offer that up too.

Nice idea @badges2nz

That is the salesman part still in me after 15 years of being an electrician, plus thought this would be a cool joke to play on a friend of mine by leaving a broken cane in his delorean while he wasn’t looking.

Last edited:
That is the salesman part still in me after 15 years of being an electrician, plus thought this would be a cool joke to play on a friend of mine by leaving a broken cane in his delorean while he wasn’t looking.

Well then obviously yes, it WILL be an option for such a fantastic and devious joke..... as long as you film the reveal.....lol

Last edited:
Right that's 10 then. If anyone else is interested please leave a message here and if enough do i'll see about getting more materials to do more.

I would be interested but at the moment funds are a bit stretched between projects.
I'll look forward to how this run progresses, all the best for your work on this one.

I like the option of the broken and full cane and swappable fist. The fist screws on anyway, right? So it does not necessarily needs to be glued?

True, it was getting glued for a bit more security if someone was going to use it for a walking cane but yes just screwed in will be good enough for average use.
My vacuum chamber has arrived so just waiting to be let out and play as its the summer holidays and I have 3 boys to look after. I'll find a few hours somewhere.

I think most people will not actually use it as a walking cane, but just to put it on display... And I think a complete and broken cane give you a wide variety on display options... (whole cane standing up, or broken cane laying in a glass cabinet)...

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back