Corvo Mask Dishonored 2

GD300blk

Need some help from experienced makers. I have the display mask that came with the collectors edition of Dishonored 2, but its about 10-15% too small to be wearable. Ive been thinking how to scale it up. In my first trial I made a mold of the mask out of algenate after sealing the mask so the none of the holes were, well holes anymore (I didn't have any silicone as this was when I lived in a pretty remote area and was cheap). After I made a plaster of Paris casting and then vacuum formed carbon fiber to the casting. Now this gave me some detail, but not enough, so I had to go back in, Bondo the whole thing and carve detail into it. That's a whole long process that I want to circumvent. So my next idea is to do a brush on silicone mold with the whole plaster wrap reinforcement, then make a casting out of brick in the yard expanding rubber, scale it up the desired amount, make a second mold from that, and then do a slip resin casting. It sounds like a lot of work but seems easier than hand carving in detail for a couple of days. I do have access to a 3D printer but I have to pay 50$ to use it (which is probably how much id spend for my idea, or a little more).
Does anyone have a better idea? I'm open to anything, I want this thing on my face ASAP

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back