Limited Run Star Wars - Republic Credits * 2nd Run Open! New colors available! *

Muddler

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Republic Credit Chips

I've been searching quite a while for some usable token from the Star Wars universe to play a nice round of Sabacc.

Surely there's quite a number of beautifully crafted 3D-meshes, prints and casts of coins and ingots on the net.
But to make an evening of Sabacc really fun you'll need a few dozens of playing-tokens. As I couldn't afford to buy or build any of the mentioned in a number high enough, I went on looking further, until I stumbled accross the episode "Idiot's Array" of the Rebels animated series.

bDwxYpw.png

The Republic Credits shown there seemed like a viable option, so I took a shot.

This is what I ended up with:

2b1sad5.jpg 3151iBE.jpg

While they are surely not 100% screen-accurate (which is a tough goal with animated series anyway), they still look and feel quite nice.

(Here's a little video of me playing around with my first bunch of credits. I know it might seem a bit stupid, but the look and sound really come accross a lot better on video...)

I used transparent hardplastic which was then foil-imprinted in copper-metallic. (The foil is not glued-on, but molten into the chip, which ensures better durability).
In order to keep the project within affordable limits, I used pre-manufactured plastic-blanks which are slightly smaller than what I estimated as the "real size" of the credits from the stills. And while I tried to recreate the barcode-pattern as closely as possible, there still were limits due to the printing-method.
I had to leave a 2mm-border which couldn't be printed. And some of the lines and spaces were too small in diameter to be imprinted accurately.

WcSUN1L.jpg cfkUzY8.jpg MpUMAtP.jpg

But for the intended use as playing-chips I'm still quite happy with them. They've got a nice "Sci-Fi-feeling" to them and are sturdy enough to be regularly used in any kind of game (Sabacc, RPG, LARP, X-Wing Miniatures...)

*** UPDATE! NEW COLOR-SCHEME AVAILABLE! ***

Due to recurring requests for alternative colors I'm also offering the credit-chips in lightblue with silver printing now!
Check them out here:

pUtIbyU.jpg jq62JWU.jpg

Price
The price is 8 Euros for a set of 10 credit-chips (either 10 yellow or 10 blue chips).
Of course you are free to order several sets at once (with shipping-costs only applied once).

Shipping costs

For any order up to a total of 100 tokens see prices below.
(If you would like to order more than 100 chips, please PM me first! I'll have to check the size and weight of the package and maybe adjust the shipping-costs).

Tracked Shipping inside Germany: 5,90 Euros per order

Tracked Shipping inside European Union: 8,90 Euros per order

Tracked International Shipping
: 11,90 Euros per order

(Important: Any additional taxes, charges or custom-fees have to be paid by the buyer)

Payment

If you wish to join the run, please send the appropriate amount to my PayPal-account:

tariqnazar@web.de

(If you are sending money from outside the EU just choose EUR as currency. This way you don't have to do any calculations and you are sure to send the exact right amount)

Please make sure to add your RPF-Name and shipping-address in the PayPal-comment so I can assign the order correctly!

Post a comment in this thread if you sent a payment, so I can update the Run-List.

Please put down exactly how many sets in which color you would like!

Timeframe

Tokens are usually shipped within 3-4 business-days.

Limits for second run:

As a realistic estimate I think I can manage to offer up to 1000 tokens for the second run. I'll have to close it once my limit is reached.

###### FIRST RUN IS CLOSED ###############

Run #1 List:

1 Cameron (2 sets) ______________***paid + shipped***
2 cancelled
3 Marviana Jones______________**paid + shipped**
4 Bad Wolf _____________________***paid + shipped***
5 bluecoyote ____________________***paid + shipped***
6 onyx (3 sets)___________________***paid + shipped***
7 xcelsior (10 sets) ______________ ***paid + shipped***
8 TB-7021 (10 sets) ______________***paid + shipped***
9 SandieCakes (5 sets) ___________***paid + shipped***
10 Cyberblock (1 set) _____________***paid + shipped***
11 daggins (4 sets) ______________ ***paid + shipped***
12 abastiensharp (4 sets) _________***paid + shipped***
13 fekali _______________________***paid + shipped***
14 ColdVizjerei (8 sets) ___________***paid + shipped***
15 enaswede ____________________***paid + shipped***
16 sharonthoms 5 sets ____________***paid + shipped***
17 scoobz (5 sets) _________________***paid + shipped***
18 Mpops89 (2 sets) ______________***paid + shipped***
19 TrooperPX (2 sets) _____________***paid + shipped***

To keep track of all orders correctly, I'll offer up to 30 slots for the second run:

Run #2 List:

1 ApostleofColor (1 yellow set + 1 blue set)__________paid + shipped
2 generalvenduu (2 yellow sets + 2 blue sets)________paid + shipped
3 sharonthoms (5 blue sets)______________________paid + shipped
4 SandieCakes (5 blue sets)______________________paid + shipped
5 Jim Mc (2 yellow sets + 2 blue sets)______________paid + shipped
6 scoobz (5 blue sets)
7 *reserved for ColdVizjerei*
8 Mpops89 (2 blue sets)_________________________paid + shipped
9 bluecoyote (1 blue set)_________________________paid + shipped
10 Cameron (2 blue sets)________________________paid + shipped
11 Xcelsior (5 blue sets)_________________________paid + shipped
12 LastMaxStanding (5 yellow sets +5 blue sets)_____paid + shipped
13 hammer3232 (2 yellow sets +2 blue sets)________paid + shipped
14 fraktilfilth (2 yellow sets +2 blue sets)____________paid + shipped
15 pretzel399 (1 yellow set + 1 blue set) ____________paid + shipped
16 onyx (1 blue set)____________________________paid + shipped
17 enaswede (1 blue set)________________________paid + shipped
18 deak (1 blue + 1 yellow)_______________________paid + shipped
19 thawn_es (3 blue + 1 yellow)___________________paid + shipped
20 starwoid (2 yellow + 1 blue)____________________paid + shipped
21 adam1517 (1 yellow)_________________________paid + shipped
22 DaveyWan Kenobi (1 yellow + 1 blue)____________paid + shipped
23 Vaderman (2 yellow + 2 blue)
24 Darth Nickel (1 blue + 1 yellow)_________________paid + shipped
25 Remote People (1 yellow)_____________________paid + shipped
26 Jedieddy (5 yellow + 5 blue )___________________paid + shipped
27 Iggy (2 yellow + 2 blue)_______________________paid + shipped
28 Ramalal (2 yellow + 2 blue)____________________paid + shipped

If you've got any questions, feel free to post them here or send me a PM.

Let's go! ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Star Wars - Republic Credits

These are awesome! Shipping for one set to the US wouldn't be super practical but you EU folks are lucky!

Bad Wolf bluecoyote

Added you to the list!

- - - Updated - - -

These are awesome! Shipping for one set to the US wouldn't be super practical but you EU folks are lucky!

Yeah, you're surely right about that one! I'm not really happy with the high shipping-costs myself.
But offering international shipping without tracking is too risky imo.
(I order from the US myself on a regular basis and parcels tend to get stuck in customs for an uncalculatable amount of time. Not knowing where your stuff is and wondering if it has been lost altogether is always frustrating for both parties...)
But I will experiment a bit with different types of packaging. If I find a way to securely fit the tokens into a regular letter-envelope I might be able to offer different shipping-options for future runs!

I'm in for a 10-pack (100 chips total), as well! Let me know what the shipping cost will to the US and I'll paypal you the funds today.

Thanks!

If anyone in the US wants to grab an extra set I'd gladly pay for it and the CONUS ship cost!

If you'd be willing to part with a set PM me! These are really awesome, I just cant justify shipping for a single set!

Oh, my bad I thought you meant just having them throw your set with my stuff. Going to keep the stuff I ordered. Get 3 sets so shipping is worth it:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, my bad I thought you meant just having them throw your set with my stuff. Going to keep the stuff I ordered. Get 3 sets so shipping is worth it:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Muddler Can I do this? SandieCakes if your willing and it works out, then I can pay you the $7 for a small priority box, or less if you want to use a padded envelope or whatever?

@Muddler Can I do this? @SandieCakes if your willing and it works out, then I can pay you the $7 for a small priority box, or less if you want to use a padded envelope or whatever?

Actually I'm a bit unsure. As SandieCake's credits aren't shipped yet, it could be possible. There are some problems with the necessary customs-declaration, though. On the invoice I have to mark the whole amount of money for the complete order and add the transaction-confirmation from PayPal. I've never done that with separate payments.

And I don't know how custom-fees are calculated in the US, but it's possible that Sandie would have to pay custom-fees / taxes on the whole payed sum. If he's willing to take the risk and to do the posting inside the US with you, I would allow it for this one time (as an exemption).

I don't have problems with several people putting an order together. But I'd rather have one recepient I get the money from and to whom I ship the package. So if you manage everything else with each other, that's okay! But once I'm asked to combine orders from several forum-members it gets confusing.
I'm really afraid I might get something wrong and upset you people...

Actually I would recommend to find someone else who hasn't joined the run yet and is willing to put an order together with you.

Anyway: You should talk to SandieCakes via PM. If he agrees, just send me a message and I'll see what I can do.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back