Bandai 1/144 Millennium Falcon Lando version

Ugh... Something funky with the landing gear... It tilts and all the feet don't sit flat... But they look fine in these pics... Gotta figure it out...

C16967AF-E894-4DA9-8AE4-BD992DFA7CC5.jpeg964B342D-384F-40DD-851A-3D495856D081.jpeg680607E0-E870-4326-8AE2-4FC802635F8C.jpeg

It was? I only saw the movie once and don’t remember this detail. Of course, I also didn’t catch that Lando’s Falcon had 5 gear until I just read this either.... :$:facepalm

during the kessel run scene when they drift the falcon on the asteroid the 2 front gear are knocked off. In the final scene with the falcon flying away after Han wins it from lando the falcon only has the 3 landing gear.

In canon the falcon only had 3 landing gear after solo and its repaired before ESB

Picked up an LED dimmer with an RF remote... Testing out the modes and will use it in this diorama:

Last edited by a moderator:
Added some decals. I was playing with the idea of painting all the blue but for times sake, I did not. If bandai ever releases a 1/72 scale version I will do that.

Attachments

• 329271A3-E972-4419-A612-F5ED91DDD5B9.jpeg
    329271A3-E972-4419-A612-F5ED91DDD5B9.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 235
Did those decals lay down pretty flat? I'm trying to decide whether to use them or paint them myself.

They lay down just fine... I did use Micro Sol to help melt them into the cracks then mixed up some paint to match the color and touch up where the decals cracked. I'll grab a better shot tonight of the decals so you can see how they look.

Here's a little view of the cockpit... I did not opt to go with a Shapeways upgrade for cost reasons... Most of my budget is going into my PG Falcon. I will, however, be getting the upgraded turret wells with gunner seats. Bandai's included ones are just a disgrace and I can't force myself to use them. :angry

20181027_233814399_iOS.jpg

I had no problem with the decals. The surface of this Flacon is smooth enough to use the decals if you use a Micro-Sol or other decal softener. I used Markfit Strong by Tamiya.

Sourdoh;[URL="tel:4538750" said:
4538750[/URL]]I had no problem with the decals. The surface of this Flacon is smooth enough to use the decals if you use a Micro-Sol or other decal softener. I used Markfit Strong by Tamiya.

Do you like markfit strong better than microsol?

Are you keeping the saucer halves openable? (ie: not glued down)

That is correct... If you ever do get to finishing your interior upgrades, I'd definitely love to add them :D Plus, I put the gunner turrets that came with the kit in there as placeholders... Of course, I want to get the upgraded parts....

- - - Updated - - -

Fan-freakin-tastic!! Now I want one of these...crap... I have so many kits to do yet :wacko

Thanks, brother! Go get you one! It's a great little kit. I'm just about done weathering it, so I'll be able to work on the base ...

Lookin' sweet! Did you do the nose headlight as a separate lighting rig so the "escape pod" can detach, or is the lighting all wired together and you're keeping the nose permanently attached?

Hunk a Junk;[URL="tel:4539052" said:
4539052[/URL]]Lookin' sweet! Did you do the nose headlight as a separate lighting rig so the "escape pod" can detach, or is the lighting all wired together and you're keeping the nose permanently attached?

Thanks Hunk of Junk! The fiber for the front headlight runs through so I'll keeping the escape pod attached. It won't be glued, though. So it could be removed if needed. But with it being displayed in a dio, it'll probably never be removed.

Thanks Hunk of Junk! The fiber for the front headlight runs through so I'll keeping the escape pod attached. It won't be glued, though. So it could be removed if needed. But with it being displayed in a dio, it'll probably never be removed.

Cool. I've been trying to decide whether to light the headlight or not. I think the deciding factor is that the escape pod is really stiff moving between the mandibles. I might break something trying to get it on and off. I'll probably just leave it on and call it a day. The headlight looks good.

Cool. I've been trying to decide whether to light the headlight or not. I think the deciding factor is that the escape pod is really stiff moving between the mandibles. I might break something trying to get it on and off. I'll probably just leave it on and call it a day. The headlight looks good.

It is definitely nice to have it removable, but if I want to have it off, then I'm going to be turning it into a kessel run Falcon... Post Kessel run, of course!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back