Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm (after 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm?

@Alasdair Stuart @ syfywire ...:confused:wacko:sick:facepalm

From a non - white , Eurasian Fan opposed to the despicable behaviour of some ‘ fans ‘ towards the participants / actors of TLJ ,... I just want well written/ cohesively made Star Wars films regardless of whoever makes them .

With the added caveat that , that person doesn’t intentionally do so to cause derision among the audience from the outset .

:cheersGed

Last edited:
Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm?

That’s an interesting article but it frames the argument that the director of a movie in this franchise should be able to create his vision irregardless of anything and anyone, and never be subject to criticism. Any director post Lucas is not the creator, if he wants to create then he can call it something else. In his defense, Rian can’t be all to blame though as it was Disney and KK’s utter lack of a plan and oversight that allowed it to happen. What rian did with TLJ was wave a big middle finger to the fans and the 40+ year legacy and lore of Star Wars and then lash out with insults of the fans to say there’s something wrong with “them” for not liking his movie. If the lesson he and other “directors” (I use those quotes on purpose) take away from that is that their artistic trademarks stomping all over a loved franchise will **** off fans enough that they dont want to bother, then so be it.

To paraphrase the movie Tommy Boy, if you want to take a d*mp in a box and mark it guaranteed, don’t be surprised if you get some angry warranty claims

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

You mean the Expanded Universe that George never considered Canon? The Expanded Universe that George contradicted time and again?

As has been said countless times here by countless individuals, "If it isnt in the movie, it didnt happen"

All I know about the EU is that Chewbacca had a moon dropped on his head but continues to appear in the films so as far as I`m concerned, Chewbacca never had a moon dropped on his head. I know some people like to display their knowledge of the ancillary material at every opportunity but to the great majority of fans, its meaningless.

By all means, LFL/Disney should have protected the brilliant, inspiring legacy that was the latter portion of the Bantam-Spectra line, including such instant classics as The Crystal Star, Children of the Jedi, Planet of Twilight, and of course, Darksaber. :lol

As has been said countless times here by countless individuals, "If it isnt in the movie, it didnt happen"

All I know about the EU is that Chewbacca had a moon dropped on his head but continues to appear in the films so as far as I`m concerned, Chewbacca never had a moon dropped on his head. I know some people like to display their knowledge of the ancillary material at every opportunity but to the great majority of fans, its meaningless.

I'm just wondering what Dontdissthefett was talking about. If you really start digging into the lore of Star Wars you'll find out that TLJ adheres to what came before much better, then the Expanded Universe ever did. I'm not trying to say that I know more about Star Wars than anyone else. Or that I'm the biggest fan. I can't afford to buy all the books, and comics. But I really think that most fans don't understand the universe of Star Wars, and particularly the Force.

I think that Disney/Lucasfilm should be very transparent about how the movies are made. Tell the fans why changes were made. Maybe create 101 video that covers how the Force works and why many things were changed from the deified EU.

I'm just wondering what Dontdissthefett was talking about. If you really start digging into the lore of Star Wars you'll find out that TLJ adheres to what came before much better, then the Expanded Universe ever did. I'm not trying to say that I know more about Star Wars than anyone else. Or that I'm the biggest fan. I can't afford to buy all the books, and comics. But I really think that most fans don't understand the universe of Star Wars, and particularly the Force.

I think that Disney/Lucasfilm should be very transparent about how the movies are made. Tell the fans why changes were made. Maybe create 101 video that covers how the Force works and why many things were changed from the deified EU.

Personally, I think TLJ totally undermined the lore of what came before it but more importantly, it totally undermined the spirit of what came before it and that was its biggest failing. I have no idea what the lore or spirit of the EU is but hopefully the GoT team will explore and explain that well in their projects.

Personally, I think TLJ totally undermined the lore of what came before it but more importantly, it totally undermined the spirit of what came before it and that was its biggest failing.

Maybe I have a brick for a head, but I don't understand how it undermined what came before?

Maybe I have a brick for a head, but I don't understand how it undermined what came before?

Without wanting to think too much about it further as its been covered ad infinitum over the last six months, Force Time communication and Hyperkazi space maneuvers spring to mind. The spirit aspect is evident to all who dislike the movie. Those who like it dont see it so theres no point going over it.

FWIW, I feel that TLJ could have rewritten every rule in the book in regards to the Force, world-building, starship design, character behavior and motivations, etc., as long as it was told coherently within a narrative that took itself seriously, and respected the audience's engagement. I dare say that many (most) Star Wars fans are welcome to any concepts that at least make an attempt to dovetail with the past. It's the difference between "evolving" and "changing".

Without wanting to think to much about it further as its been covered ad infinitum over the last six months, Force Time communication and Hyperkazi space maneuvers spring to mind. The spirit aspect is evident to all who dislike the movie. Those who like it dont see it so theres no point going over it.

The Force transcends time and space. If not, how else could get dead people's spirits popping where ever, or a Jedi being able to see the future? Not to mention we've already seen telepathy in ESB. And size or in this case distance matters not to the Force. And Force projection can be found in an old EU guide book.

The hyperspace ramming totally works. A ship accelerates to light speed in order to make the jump to hyperspace. The Raddus, hit the Supremacy before it made the actual jump. It's stated in the book that the jump point, is right behind the First Order fleet. Then the Raddus's experimental shields did the rest.

It at all fits the lore.:D

Well you live happily in your Star Wars world and I`ll do the same in mine. Mine doesnt have cheap short cuts to move along a choppy story. ;)

Whats the old saying, just because something can be done doesnt mean it should be done.

Last edited:

Well you live happily in your Star Wars world and I`ll do the same in mine. Mine doesnt have cheap short cuts to move along a choppy story. ;)

Whats the old saying, just because something can be done doesnt mean it should be done.

I thought it was pretty creative. And it had the benefit of not being shown before.:D

Well I guess all the major space battles moving forward will be short and boring, just have droids pilot a fleet of ships and Hyperkazi what ever`s in their way.:wacko

Well I guess all the major space battles moving forward will be short and boring, just have droids pilot a fleet of ships and Hyperkazi what ever`s in their way.:wacko

Well as you just said, just because it can be done doest mean it should be. So seeing that happen was cool but I don't need to see it a second and third time.

You seem like a nice level headed guy (or girl? Limitations of the talking over the Internet :D) What do you think has changed in the Star Wars Fandom? The original trilogy is not perfect, the prequel trilogy is far from perfect. But when there was something that didn't make sense or wasn't explained. The fans would bend over backwards to come up with explanations, and sometimes they were really outlandish and crazy. But suddenly with these new movies if there's something that doesn't quite make sense or line up perfectly everyone looses their minds! What's changed? Why aren't fans willing to bend over backwards to explain the crazy little details?

My theory is that the fans, when they heard that Lucasfilm had been sold to Disney. That they were making new films, and that the EU had been dumped. I think many fans made up their minds maybe subconsciously, that were going to hate the new movies. So instead of cowing up crazy explanations for "plot holes", they tear it apart. It's like theyou are looking for stuff to hate.

What are your thoughts?

Well as you just said, just because it can be done doest mean it should be. So seeing that happen was cool but I don't need to see it a second and third time.

You seem like a nice level headed guy (or girl? Limitations of the talking over the Internet :D) What do you think has changed in the Star Wars Fandom? The original trilogy is not perfect, the prequel trilogy is far from perfect. But when there was something that didn't make sense or wasn't explained. The fans would bend over backwards to come up with explanations, and sometimes they were really outlandish and crazy. But suddenly with these new movies if there's something that doesn't quite make sense or line up perfectly everyone looses their minds! What's changed? Why aren't fans willing to bend over backwards to explain the crazy little details?

My theory is that the fans, when they heard that Lucasfilm had been sold to Disney. That they were making new films, and that the EU had been dumped. I think many fans made up their minds maybe subconsciously, that were going to hate the new movies. So instead of cowing up crazy explanations for "plot holes", they tear it apart. It's like theyou are looking for stuff to hate.

What are your thoughts?

For someone who has been here only a few months your making some large assumptions about someone who has been here just on ten years. I had no problems with Disney taking over the Star Wars movies and rather enjoyed TFA though the copy and pasting elements of the OT did annoy me a little, Was also a fan of R1 and have`nt seen Solo so have never commented on its quality.Also, I have been advocating the making of Kenobi for a very long time and am very much looking forward to the GoT movies as I have stated many times. Also Ive openly posted being a fan of the PT, something you dont see often.

So you couldnt be further from the truth when you state Im looking for stuff to hate.

I despise TLJ and my reasons for that have been well and truly covered over the last six months and see no need to explain my reasons over again, look them up. There`s over 200 pages of the same feelings posted by a huge number of different individuals in just TLJ post release thread. In regards to the EU, as I stated in the very first post, I dont know or really care to know anything about it until its explored in film, as is the case with a great many people. If its not in the movie, it didnt happen.

Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm?

Well I didn’t say anything about EU, so I’m not sure why you’re going down that road. I’m sure there are many fans of EU, but the majority of people that are fans of the movies don’t know what any of the EU is. Either do the casual fans, who lovers of TLJ insist are a more powerful force than the super fans. What they know is what was in the movies, and based on what was in prior movies, TLJ didn’t respect any of it. From the way characters from the OT were handled, to even the continuation of storyline of ep. 7. If a director wants to make a Star Wars movie that disregards and disrespects the movies and characters before it, people will let them know about their dissatisfaction. If they don’t like that prospect, and don’t like being restrained by a well-established universe and character set then they’re more than welcome to take their efforts to another project more suited for their creative visions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back