Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm (after 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm?

I think this whole talk of fixing or remaking TLJ is absurd because it won't change the canon or fate of the characters in their ends.

The only thing that could ever change Episode 8 is if someone pulled a Rian Johnson "Looper" time travel move and have him removed before being given the project. And we wouldn't know this because it will have changed today and TLJ will have ceased to exist in the form it does now, hahah!

Clearly MANY are upset and deeply concerned over the future and direction of the franchise. I don't think it's dead. It's just a big hole to dig out of and steer back in the right direction.

Don't forget the Dallas trick, "JR, I just had the most terrible dream!" To excuse an ENTIRE season

*OR* The galaxy responds to the distress call...a la Gandalf. *OR* an even bigger threat shows up

Just about any out will seem cheesy...from a certain point of view.

OK...

This video had me giggling. The part about Disney opening a “Pansexual Land” is hilarious.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah I have arguments for everything I think:rolleyes

I think that article does a brilliant job articulating with evidence and source material as to why the franchise went into the toilet. Not to mention Rian Johnson, Chuck Wendig, Andi Gutierrez, Geek Girl Diva, Pablo Hidalgoand other LucasFilms employees who take to social media to attack the fans. It's not a good or smart business model to keep people employed who do that.

They need to take a lesson from ArenaNet on what to do with employees who are deliberate cancerous trolls.

Not to mention - if you sympathize with someone like Anita Sarkeesian and the people who side with her about GamerGate you are a bad person. Seems Good ole' Rian did just that.

I think that article does a brilliant job articulating with evidence and source material as to why the franchise went into the toilet. Not to mention Rian Johnson, Chuck Wendig, and other LucasFilms employees who take to social media to attack the fans. It's not a good or smart business model to keep people employed who do that.

They need to take a lesson from ArenaNet on what to do with employees who are deliberate cancerous trolls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCQK3OcdkD4

Not to mention - if you sympathize with someone like Anita Sarkeesian and the people who side with her about GamerGate you are a bad person. Seems Good ole' Rian did just that.

The RPF, YouTube, The Custom Saber Shop, is the extent of social media. So do you have examples of themy attack the fans? And while we are on this, is it not true that "fans" sent death threats to Rian? And again I think a can challenge most of the problems with TLJ. Though this thread my not be the best place to do it.

The RPF, YouTube, The Custom Saber Shop, is the extent of social media. So do you have examples of themy attack the fans? And while we are on this, is it not true that "fans" sent death threats to Rian? And again I think a can challenge most of the problems with TLJ. Though this thread my not be the best place to do it.

Will gladly provide them for you!
https://disneystarwarsisdumb.wordpress.com/author/itchybacca/ < Scroll down and check it out. "The Politics in Star Wars" section. And again in the "Like, two, Like, Awesome GIF's, Like" section.

Lucas himself was criticized and had all kinds of threat and harassment and bad feelings associated with him and the prequels. Did he take to social media to harass and berate fans? No. He ignored it completely and lived his life. He has class. RJ has none. Period. Neither does Chuck.

Attachments

• rianroundheadjohnsonprayertwitter.jpg
    rianroundheadjohnsonprayertwitter.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 85

Lucas himself was criticized and had all kinds of threat and harassment and bad feelings associated with him and the prequels. Did he take to social media to harass and berate fans? No. He ignored it completely and lived his life.

To be fair, Social Media as we know it didn't exist in the prequel era... so there's that.

To be fair, Social Media as we know it didn't exist in the prequel era... so there's that.

While you are right, the point remains true about the harassment and terrible image this 'employees' are putting out. I think at this point it can't be refuted. It's completely unprofessional.

When you okay something like this. This is how you really mess up. Kathleen messed the bed with TLJ plot being okay'd on.

https://medium.com/@josvchoi/the-la...-assassination-of-luke-skywalker-38fe0190d01a

Great article, Thank you for sharing this. I think the fundamental problem is explained here.

George Lucas drew from many, many influences in making Star Wars: Joseph Campbell, Buck Rogers, Flash Gordon, old-school sci-fi, Akira Kurosawa, Taoism, Zen Buddhism, Arthurian legends, Dune, Heinlein, film noir, 1930s Saturday matinee serials, you name it. His prequel films were so filled with ideas, they burst at the seams, and many would argue that they fell apart under their own weight thanks to sometimes weak script decisions, an overabundance of CGI, and theatrical direction. But at least they reached for the stars and attempted to tell deeply human stories about flawed characters without destroying the characters and impact of the original trilogy.
On the other hand, what have Disney used as primary sources for their version of Star Wars? The original trilogy, and possibly Spaceballs. Rather than follow the usual Star Wars pattern of the Campbellian monomyth, the film grounds Luke in the “Refusal of the Call” stage and keeps him there for nearly the entire runtime.

while I do agree that it is unprofessional for them to respond in such a way, nevertheless it is also waaay off center for those in the "fan" community to have said and done some of the things that they did to Rian&Co. in the first place to elicit such responses.

As much as I like to think of myself as a level headed and civil sort of person, who knows what i might say in response to being mercilessly trolled online for my artwork or worse yet receive death threats because someone didn't like what i created?

Great article, Thank you for sharing this. I think the fundamental problem is explained here.

George Lucas drew from many, many influences in making Star Wars: Joseph Campbell, Buck Rogers, Flash Gordon, old-school sci-fi, Akira Kurosawa, Taoism, Zen Buddhism, Arthurian legends, Dune, Heinlein, film noir, 1930s Saturday matinee serials, you name it. His prequel films were so filled with ideas, they burst at the seams, and many would argue that they fell apart under their own weight thanks to sometimes weak script decisions, an overabundance of CGI, and theatrical direction. But at least they reached for the stars and attempted to tell deeply human stories about flawed characters without destroying the characters and impact of the original trilogy.
On the other hand, what have Disney used as primary sources for their version of Star Wars? The original trilogy, and possibly Spaceballs. Rather than follow the usual Star Wars pattern of the Campbellian monomyth, the film grounds Luke in the “Refusal of the Call” stage and keeps him there for nearly the entire runtime.

Absolutely on point. The article is BEAUTIFULLY written. I use it for the basis of my argument that RJ committed sacrilege with his vision for Star Wars. He pissed on everything that came before it and then lit it on fire. All of Luke's struggles, strengths, weaknesses...and progression. The redemption of his father. None of it mattered. He threw it over his shoulder. Given all that, this comic is how I feel about RJ and what he did to Luke.

jakeskywalkercomic.jpg

while I do agree that it is unprofessional for them to respond in such a way, nevertheless it is also waaay off center for those in the "fan" community to have said and done some of the things that they did to Rian&Co. in the first place to elicit such responses.

As much as I like to think of myself as a level headed and civil sort of person, who knows what i might say in response to being mercilessly trolled online for my artwork or worse yet receive death threats because someone didn't like what i created?

And while those happened, I condemn those "fans" as much as I condemn what was done to Star Wars. At the same time, you should NEVER generalize and take a black ink pen and label all the fans with what RJ/KK/Chuck/and LucasFilm has with respect to the fanbase. Disney Star Wars has been molested beyond recognition. Incorporating 'woke' social politics into the movies and changing established characters for one. I grew up watching the OT then the PT, played the games, read the books, and collected the comics. I feel all of that has been... pissed on. The legacy of Star Wars is broken. RJ should be called out and black listed for what he did, but I DO NOT advocate violence. Confronting him with what was wrong with his vision is perfectly acceptable.

jakeskywalkercomic.jpg

Don’t forget “Hardware Wars”.... What self-respecting film series is going to have an homage to a parody of itself in it and still expect the viewer to actually take it seriously?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will gladly provide them for you!
https://disneystarwarsisdumb.wordpress.com/author/itchybacca/ < Scroll down and check it out. "The Politics in Star Wars" section. And again in the "Like, two, Like, Awesome GIF's, Like" section.

Lucas himself was criticized and had all kinds of threat and harassment and bad feelings associated with him and the prequels. Did he take to social media to harass and berate fans? No. He ignored it completely and lived his life. He has class. RJ has none. Period. Neither does Chuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TfHdCb15vw&amp;t=2s

Here's the thing. I get it. I get why the fans feel hurt. You've all of sudden woke up and realized that Hollywood is a liberal bastion. I guess I'm not as upset when things like this happen, because I already new what was going to come. It's like thinking that a crab apple tree is going on give you big juicy eating apples. The scriptures say "can a leopard change its spots?" Rothen goes in, rotten comes out. Hollywood is rotten the core, always has been.

Here's the thing. I get it. I get why the fans feel hurt. You've all of sudden woke up and realized that Hollywood is a liberal bastion. I guess I'm not as upset when things like this happen, because I already new what was going to come. It's like thinking that a crab apple tree is going on give you big juicy eating apples. The scriptures say "can a leopard change its spots?" Rothen goes in, rotten comes out. Hollywood is rotten the core, always has been.

Get that cancer out of my sci-fi space opera. It has no basis or place. Neither do these idiots. They need to go. Fire all of them. Make your own intellectual properties and have them crash and burn. And when you say, "Oh, Star Wars needs to be directed by less white men" blah blah blah crap... why not give up your job and let someone else take it then, RJ? His hypocritical political garbage needs to go. I'm sick of it. I was disappointed. Then I was angry. Now I am irate.

Get that cancer out of my sci-fi space opera. It has no basis or place. Neither do these idiots. They need to go. Fire all of them. Make your own intellectual properties and have them crash and burn.

Then you will need to get rid of Hollywood all together. A person's political bias and worldview will always come out in their works of art. It impossible for a human being to completely un-biased.

Then you will need to get rid of Hollywood all together. A person's political bias and worldview will always come out in their works of art. It impossible for a human being to completely un-biased.

I give an inch, you take a mile. Not everyone has their OVERT political idealism spewing into their movies. Lucas didn't OVERTLY shove that in your face like they do now. And I quote, "This world of Star Wars is just so accepting and beautiful that the idea a droid and a human are trying to waddle their way into a relationship is something that's celebrated," That doesn't belong in a movie that's geared towards families and star wars nerds. Children don't need to have sexual identities until they are formed into adults to even begin with. Hollyweird just continues to push this crap...and it keeps failing at the box office. So let's just end there. I suggest we ready the trebuchet and launch these weirdos somewhere else, far, far away from the galaxy, far, far away.

https://thegrapevine.theroot.com/star-wars-writer-confirms-lando-calrissian-is-pansexual-1826131844

Last edited:
Reactions: JPH

I give an inch, you take a mile. Not everyone has their OVERT political idealism spewing into their movies. Lucas didn't OVERTLY shove that in your face like they do now. And I quote, "This world of Star Wars is just so accepting and beautiful that the idea a droid and a human are trying to waddle their way into a relationship is something that's celebrated," That doesn't belong in a movie that's geared towards families and star wars nerds. Children don't need to have sexual identities until they are formed into adults to even begin with. Hollyweird just continues to push this crap...and it keeps failing at the box office. So let's just end there. I suggest we ready the trebuchet and launch these weirdos somewhere else, far, far away from the galaxy, far, far away.

https://thegrapevine.theroot.com/star-wars-writer-confirms-lando-calrissian-is-pansexual-1826131844

No of course they don't. The politically overt ones no one pays attention to. It's the that do it quietly, stealthily. The good ones know that the audience doesn't want it shoved in their face. So they sneak their worldview in bit by bit. Your worldview influences everything you say or do.

No of course they don't. The politically overt ones no one pays attention to. It's the that do it quietly, stealthily. The good ones know that the audience doesn't want it shoved in their face. So they sneak their worldview in bit by bit. Your worldview influences everything you say or do.

Not sure I agree with you there. People paid attention to Solo... both good and bad. It wasn't as divisive as The Last Jedi, but it still stirred plenty of controversy in other ways. Mainly for what I posted about in the prior post.

I grew up watching the OT then the PT,

So did I.

I feel all of that has been... pissed on.

I don't. I reckon that's where we differ...and that's OK. I totally get that you--and others--are severely disappointed in the new films, and you've a right to your opinion on it. Absolutely.

The legacy of Star Wars is broken. RJ should be called out and black listed for what he did,

This part I have a hard time agreeing with, only because the first part is an opinion, and then it advocates blacklisting someone merely because of the aforementioned opinion. I don't want to live in a country where someone's livelihood is severely curtailed (aka blacklisting) merely because it is someone's opinion that their creative choices were incorrect.

but I DO NOT advocate violence. Confronting him with what was wrong with his vision is perfectly acceptable.

Agree 100%... as long as the confronting is done in a respectful manner, absolutely. :)

kristen - The problem with RJ is that he doesn't allow for civil discourse what so ever. He just makes fun of you or you get called a manbaby. He doesn't allow for a difference of opinion. He antagonizes people and belittles them. There is (zero) respect on his part for the fandom. Regardless of which side of the fence they are on.

And you're fine to have your opinon as well, I would NEVER knock you for having it. However, that being said... can we agree on one fact? The Last Jedi is the most divisive of all the movies to divide the fandom. While I think that our beloved characters have been... altered in a way I don't agree with. The biggest disrespect being what was done to Luke. I beg you - if you have not, please read that article I posted about his character assassination.

This one: https://medium.com/@josvchoi/the-la...-assassination-of-luke-skywalker-38fe0190d01a

Also with respect to RJ, check out the stuff he's doing. What causes he is aligning himself with.

The man doesn't even know what GamerGate is - he's clueless... and when called out on it, he backpedaled like crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back