Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm (after 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm?

Sure and maybe you should try and be a little less literal when reading posts in a movie fan forum in a thread where only people who are interested in Star Wars and that particular forum from around the world look at.

I guess a little sarcastic ribbing never goes over well.

I did actually read you as being very specific. Hence my posts.

View attachment 830536

Because she's the president the fandom deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hate her, because she can take it. Because she's not a hero.

She is a lot of things but she aint no Dark Knight. The Dark Countess maybe.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, just a reminder for the "Luke almost murdered a child in his jammies" camp, Ben was about 24 or 25 the night that happened, so get it out of your heads that he was a little kid, or even a minor.

Whether Ren was 12 or 80 he is still Luke`s nephew and he was still asleep, a plot point that might belong in a cheesy hipster indie film but hardly in the Skywalker saga.imho.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess a little sarcastic ribbing never goes over well.

I did actually read you as being very specific. Hence my posts.

Whatever, I`ve moved on regardless, give it a try.

Reactions: JPH

That`s why I`m hoping that Disney choose and pursue Kevin Feige for the role, I think he wouldnt settle for good to middling box office numbers or mediocre films and if he did accept he would be in it for the long term and more importantly formulate a solid plan for the franchise moving in to the future and have the ability and confidence to choose the right people to direct and write the movies when he hires them.

That's exactly why he needs to stay at Marvel. Try and remove him to SW, or have him run both, would only hurt and dilute his ability to make Marvel movies. This is akin to killing the goose that laid the golden eggs.

That's exactly why he needs to stay at Marvel. Try and remove him to SW, or have him run both, would only hurt and dilute his ability to make Marvel movies. This is akin to killing the goose that laid the golden eggs.

Your right, its a robbing Peter to pay Paul situation for Disney but Peter is in a much better situation than Paul is, in fact Paul is in serious trouble.

Star Wars fan base is shredded and its most recent installment has lost a huge amount of money. Marvel on the other hand is now a Titan, its fan base seemingly united and the profits seem unstoppable. Do you risk the success of one to restore another? I say yes, The likelihood of Marvel falling over would seem slim as they seem to have a well laid out plan for years to come.

I am biased though in that I love Star Wars and only really care for the Captain America movies so there is that. Perhaps Feige would only need three to five years to establish a positive road map for Star Wars and then return. At the end of the day, it pays to be Kevin Feige at the moment.

I was referring to the assertion that we would defend child molestation. Don't be disingenuous.

...because the person repeatedly drawing the most toxic conclusion about a *good* jedi pursuing evil, discussed with multiple people, but refusing to back down because it is critical to their larger argument somehow *ISN'T "disingenuous?

That is cute!

And then, after how-many-pages of that person REPEATEDLY making the same argument, you single someone ELSE out for admitting that their is repetition on this forum?

Awww....

This, I think, rather sums up your position succinctly. So it *IS* about repeating the same position over and over until someone agrees with you, I guess? (The someone being LFL and/or Disney)

Good luck with making them bend to your will.

I think it's actually very telling that you draw a distinction between "The Fans" and "Those who liked the noises and pretty colours or forced diversity crap".

That is also alot like painting everyone whom you see as not agreeing with you with the same brush... which is what those of us who don't agree with your assessment of TLJ are constantly accused of doing.

Hmmm, Star Wars spin off movies on hold after a boycott.
Heck! This thread is about firing someone for TLJ and pages and pages of legit fan criticism.

People who dislike TLJ can make legit observations how the movie stank. Heck TWICE! We even have interviews of the writer/ director that confirm our suspicions that he was intentionally divisive and a poor writer. You really don't think we are being heard? Changes arne't being made?

Sounds pretty disingenuous.

That`s why I`m hoping that Disney choose and pursue Kevin Feige for the role, I think he wouldnt settle for good to middling box office numbers or mediocre films and if he did accept he would be in it for the long term and more importantly formulate a solid plan for the franchise moving in to the future and have the ability and confidence to choose the right people to direct and write the movies when he hires them.

If your one the ones in camp that thinks that Star Wars is being SJW'd. And is having a political liberal agenda slapped on it. Then Kevin is not the guy you want. He is one of the most liberal guys in Hollywood.

If your one the ones in camp that thinks that Star Wars is being SJW'd. And is having a political liberal agenda slapped on it. Then Kevin is not the guy you want. He is one of the most liberal guys in Hollywood.

Ruh'roh, Scoob.

Last edited by a moderator:

I honestly don't understand why people would think thid. Is Kathleen fighting for droids rights? I don't remember L3 making a thing about her gender programming.

And on a side note. Remember when Kathleen wore The Force is female shirt? I find it interesting that out of all the times the Force has been represented/personified. 6 out of the 8 beings are female. The Daughter, and the 5 Force Priestesses.

I honestly don't understand why people would think thid. Is Kathleen fighting for droids rights? I don't remember L3 making a thing about her gender programming.

And on a side note. Remember when Kathleen wore The Force is female shirt? I find it interesting that out of all the times the Force has been represented/personified. 6 out of the 8 beings are female. The Daughter, and the 5 Force Priestesses.

The agenda the focus has become.

Good writing, character development, and respect to pre-established lore have been trampled and pushed to the wayside. How much damning evidence do you need?

Last edited by a moderator:

The agenda the focus has become.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUpVgihgZxA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBXIP8fnKvg&t=43s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odkS2TBiY4s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ULbkqAuo48

Good writing, character development, and respect to pre-established lore have been trampled and pushed to the wayside. How much damning evidence do you need?

So Hollywood is liberal..........Tell me something I don't already know.

And what do you mean pre-established lore has been trampled?

So Hollywood is liberal..........Tell me something I don't already know.

And what do you mean pre-established lore has been trampled?

I've posted plenty of examples in this thread and in the other thread, we picked apart the lightspeed ram and why RJ was a dullard for including it. It shouldn't even be possible.

I've posted plenty of examples in this thread and in the other thread, we picked apart the lightspeed ram and why RJ was a dullard for including it. It shouldn't even be possible.

I really think almost everything can and/or will be explained in the future. After rewatching that scene. The officers on the bridge of the Supremacy, once the raddus turns towards them. They know exactly what she's about to do. So we can assume that it's been done before.

I really think almost everything can and/or will be explained in the future. After rewatching that scene. The officers on the bridge of the Supremacy, once the raddus turns towards them. They know exactly what she's about to do. So we can assume that it's been done before.

It hasn't, not ever. I looked everywhere. OT, PT, ST, EU, Legends. Nowhere. It has never happened before.

If you need to go back and explain major plot points of the movie in a sequel or in another medium... your story is trash. Period.

It's not going to be explained. It's lazy writing they don't care to explain and never will. Go read my full lore breakdown here:
https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=284901&page=212&p=4493787&viewfull=1#post4493787

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back