Rocketeer helmet Pepakura

SirUstin

long time observer and finally got around to building my very own rocketeer helmet. I was at the RPF party this year and got inspired so I went for it. Started with Pepakura file 3D Modelling by Roadwarrior and Unfolded By Nintendude.

after putting it all together I noticed I scaled it WAY to small so I made one for my son as well.. what kid doesn't want to be the Rocketeer. Also sorry the pics are not right side up. I dont know how to fix that

IMG_1083.jpg

I noticed the eyes were much more surprised looking than the film so I made some small cut outs and added them.
IMG_1039.jpg BOO YA. Angry..er eyes

IMG_1037.jpg

This step took forever.bondo sand, bondo sand, then more bondo more sand. the little vents on the side were also much more blocked on the file than the film so I really had to layer on everything to get the smooth round ones from the film. Even now they look bigger than the actual prop but it will have to do.

IMG_1061.jpg

Started to smooth out so I just did spot putty to get rid of all the other scratches and cracks.

IMG_1071.jpgI used crazy eyes for the rivets around the eyes.

IMG_1073.jpg

primed up!

IMG_1108.jpg

I used magic sculpt epoxy clay to form the sides and welding details. This part was frustrating, I really wanted to get these things as precise as possible but no matter what I did i just couldnt get the details as strait and smooth as I liked. But this is my first ever build so Im pleased with it this far.

I got some sample tinted acrylic sheet at a local plastics store. Just had to heat them up with a heat gun and place to get a good fit.

IMG_1120.jpgIMG_1118.jpg

Got some antique gold rub n buff and acrylic paint and boo ya. Not bad for a V1. Im thinking about making a V2 trying to clean up some of the lines and the eyes shapes. But Im please for my first experience with pepakura and making this kinda stuff in general. I had a great time building this.

Attachments

• IMG_1095.jpg
    IMG_1095.jpg
    872.4 KB · Views: 245
  • Rocketeer.pdf
    7.5 MB · Views: 402
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back