NASA themed Rocketeer

This is really going together great.

Are you going to add a panel to the front of you jacket to hide the straps and zip like the movie Jacket?
Nope. I want the safety harness to be visible like NASA flightsuits. The frost chest piece (the rebreather) is designed to kind of mimic the shape of the front flap.

Screen Shot 2022-12-21 at 10.40.34 PM.png

Good stuff so far Valor; that jet pack is looking sexy! :cool::cool:Just a few details that are a bit "off" ;)
The straps are in the way of the pocket zippers.
Neck will be protected?
Apart from these; I'm eager to see your next update(y)

Good stuff so far Valor; that jet pack is looking sexy! :cool::cool:Just a few details that are a bit "off" ;)
The straps are in the way of the pocket zippers.
Neck will be protected?
Apart from these; I'm eager to see your next update(y)
All in the works. The "zippers" are closed off. No need for them . And a black baclava will hide my neck. The Martian atmosphere is quite cold!

Okay ... I have the majority of the hard parts built. the Rocketpack, the Helmet, and the Rebreather (chest unit). I still have little things to do all over. And I'm wiring in one of my rocketpack effects kits to get lights and sound in here.

IMG_0718.jpeg
IMG_0716.jpeg
IMG_0717.jpeg
IMG_0715.jpeg
IMG_0714.jpeg
IMG_0712.jpeg
IMG_0713.jpeg

Okay ... I have the majority of the hard parts built. the Rocketpack, the Helmet, and the Rebreather (chest unit). I still have little things to do all over. And I'm wiring in one of my rocketpack effects kits to get lights and sound in here.

View attachment 1652618View attachment 1652619View attachment 1652620View attachment 1652621View attachment 1652622View attachment 1652623View attachment 1652624

OUTSTANDING work!!

There is a very Oblivion type of design esthetic to the hardware and the soft goods.

I love it!

OUTSTANDING work!!

There is a very Oblivion type of design esthetic to the hardware and the soft goods.

I love it!
Thanks! I actually considered getting a replica Oblivion jacket for this, but I liked the moto gear I found better.

Love the paint job also:cool::cool:(y)(y) What type of paint did you use for the different parts of the rocket and the chest pack?

Love the paint job also:cool::cool:(y)(y) What type of paint did you use for the different parts of the rocket and the chest pack?
For sure! Here's my whole palette from left to right:

Rustoleum Gunmetal Gray: Used for the afterburner housings, but I also airbrushed blue and purple for heat effects.
Rostoleum Black Night Metallic: Used for all the black parts, the main nose cone, center fuel door, etc.
Rustoleum Metallic Aluminum: Used for the aluminum bits, including the blast shields
Rustoleum Ultra Matte Perfect Gray: Used for the flat gray accents on all the parts (I love this paint!)
Rustoleum Satin White: USed for the white body color of all the parts. This paint is beautiful, it has a subtle irridescence in some light.
And red and blue Duplicolor MEtalcast for the air fittings.
Crap, I forgot to include Alclad Chrome for the little nose cone tips. Airbrushed,

No clearcoat on anything. I want all the different sheens here to play off each other.

IMG_0725.jpeg

Saw the pack on Thingiverse first, now found this thread. Excellent! Love the Bell & Howell Packard Bell on the shelf behind your neck.

If I had made this, I would struggle for the rest of my life with feeling too awesome. I just love this, amazing work!

Last edited:
Loved the classic Rocketeer, and this is a very cool mashup. Fantastic work by your friend on the original designs and to you for making it real with top notch looking skill!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back