Mysterio build Halloween 2017 Globe????

Darthvince

Hello all. I started compiling parts for a Mysterio costume(I'm super pumped because Mysterio is a waaaaaayyy under appreciated villian). Anyway I have found myself in a pickle. I have found a local lighting shop that supplies acrylic globes. But I'm not sure what size to go with. I'm 6'1" and I don't want to look like a lollipop. So the $30 question is do I go with a 14" globe or 16"??

https://www.1000bulbs.com
I would recommend 12" (300mm).Any larger and your overall dimensions would be off. You need to cut about 10" (250mm) off of the dome with a Dremel to fit your head in there.Slightly tilt the front forward,raise the back of the collar a bit to compensate.
Aside from getting a dome with the right dimensions,I would highly recommend the use of a muscle suit (eva foam or otherwise) to give the character more 'body' (more body than dome!).
Furthermore I would raise the shoulderpads a bit to make the dome look 'sunk' / 'conceiled' between your shoulders and use magnets/velcro to have the cape stick to the shoulders.My 2 cents.
Good luck with your project:thumbsup great choice

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions. Yeah I am definitely going to need a muscle suit of some kind. I was thinking about building the base for the helmet on some old hockey pads and attaching the cape to the shoulders. I was also going to try cutting the dome with a got wire cutter to avoid chipping.

What you could do is find an action figure .pdo or .obj that matches your posture/shoulder width,but slightly more bulky,and duplicate this in EVA foam.This way the torso is strong enough to carry a collar (e.g.Iron Man Classic collar,see JfCustom's foam files page1).Scale this slightly smaller than the dome (approx. 10") and to match the top of your EVA foam torso.You could use magnets to firmly hold the collar in place to prevent wobbling of the dome and collar,as well as where the collar meets the edge of the dome to keep the dome in place.
You could then use shoulder pads of lets say the Saiyan armor .pdo to slightly 'lift' your shoulders (if the muscle suit didn't do this already).The cape can then rest unto these pads with magnets or velcro on top of them to hold the cape in place,ofcourse mindful of how much the pads would stick out sideways.This prevents you from looking 'wrapped in your cape' rather than you wearing one.If this causes to much of a pull backwards,you could then put magnets inside the 'eyes' that rest on Mysterio's chest and have them hold the cape in place.
I hope that helps.Oh,and don't forget the fan or fans inside the helmet with an opening (e.g.through the collar).Looking forward to seeing this develop!

Sooooo...i apparently have a huge head. I went to the lighting fixture place and ended up going with a 14" globe, for 2 reasons. They only had clear globes in 14" and I looked at a white 12" globe and it was a little small. But I guess they sell a lot of the 14" globes for helmets so they order them with a 9" opening, perfect for my big melon. I tried it on with my hockey pads and it looked like the right proportions. Hoping to get it more fleshed our by the weekend.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back