Fox's The Gifted - A TV show about mutants in the Marvelverse...

The Mad Professor

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Trailer looks a bit rough, but that's probably because of preliminary special effects.

Other than that, it might be good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody watching this? I watched the first two episodes last night and thought it was pretty good. At least just as good as the rest of these super hero tv shows. Several references to the X-men and even the Stan Lee cameo. Its got Polaris and I'm assuming the girl who makes the portals is supposed to be the same girl as DOFP. I'm not really sure on the timeline (but with X-men, who is?), they say the X-men have disappeared. I've only watched the latest X movies once so I really don't remember them disappearing. Did they?

They even paid homage to the 80s (or was it 90s?) cartoon. One guy's cell phone played the music to it. I'll keep watching.

I would say the daughter is smokin' hot but I'm pretty sure she is not 18 yet, so I won't. :rolleyes I'll just say she is very cute.

I thought it was pretty good. She is 18. I looked to see the age difference between the actors playing brother/sister because I saw an interview on Syfy.com and the actor playing the brother seemed more immature than a 16 year old. I'm a sucker for brunettes so I like Mageneto's daughter better. :)

I've been watching the first several episodes. I thought it was going to be an utter trainwreck, but it's actually not bad. I will say, it's kind of sad that the show uses their powers more consistently and in more creative ways than the films have. The aurora effect, for instance, is something I'm fairly certain would never occur to the film writers.

This may be the most unsettling bit of viral marketing I've seen in a long while. Well done, Fox. (How often do we hear THAT?!)

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back