My Bandai AT-AT, finished!

Wow! It could actually pass for a studio sized model! Love the snow, very subtle and true to the originals!

Cheers,
Steve

Thanks Steve!
Although its not based on one particular AT-AT i took elements I liked from all the walker props models and incorporated them it into this one model.

One model had nice thin streak patterns on the feet so I added that.
Another had little tiny spotted pattern near the top center of the body so I addrd that, etc.

What did you use for the snow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just little paint dabs with white paint.
If you get the shape right (little pyramid or mountain peak shapes) you can pull off the illusion of clumped snow buildup.

Last edited:
Outstanding job man, absolutely love it!! If I may suggest only one thing for future reference: On those tiny sclaed kits, I like to do a panel wash to pop out some of those really tiny panel lines and other details. Black may be too cartoonish, but may be umber.. But it is already a pro job as you did it!

Painted over the whole model.

Primer- mix of Vallejo grey primer and Vellejo Black.
About 70/30

For base, Vallejo Air USAF light grey and Vallejo Air light grey (which isnt really that "light".)
Mix 50/50.

Dead on match to the sprue color.

I know this is an older thread, but having done a search for the colors, I came across this and wanted to thank you

That mix worked perfectly and indeed is a match for the sprue color!

And excellent work on yours!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back