AT-ST: Between two logs (FINISHED)

Been busy reorganizing everything, and then trying to get the house back into order for my brother coming next week.
I got the shelf hung, which was WAY more difficult then it should have been.
The wall anchors I used need a huge hole to go in, and on really long screws, so they can then open up. Problem was, I found everything in my parents house, in the garage of random stuff, and the screws ended up being too short.
So I ran to the store, found much longer screws that fit the anchors, came home, and they were also still too short.
Tried to get it as close to the edge of the threads, but I guess to close, as all the moving it around caused the right side to come off and is now down in the wall.
I was getting so frustrated.
So I decided to just go to Walmart and buy all new ones, and get some milk while there.
Three inch long ones, and I almost didn't think they were going to fit, but thankfully did.

Move the Jurassic Park and Agents of Shield logos apart. I want to eventually get a Back to the Future logo in there.
1000012132.jpg

Now got some room for more on the right. Also want to get the NECA Turtle figures someday.
1000012131.jpg

Also got this little shelf for some more stuff. Once I finish this AT-ST, I figure where I want to put it....and probably have to rearrange stuff again.
1000012133.jpg

Some very cool stuff there my Friend a nerd calling a nerd a nerd we all got to be some how rite Love all your stuff very nice collection and well displayed

Nothing much going on, just trying to get these ropes attached, which is much more difficult then you would expect. They sre fighting me the whole way, so I have to glue them little by little. Go to tie on more, it keeps wanting to break the glue.
Not sure.if there is easier way or not, but, with time, its working, just using a LOT of super glue.
1000012167.jpg

Also not really a good pic of the ends, so I get to pretty much do my own thing.

Little more done. Having to coat more of this twine with the tacky glue.
The right one also has it going around the main one, which you can barely make out that they did like that for Jedi.
Probably should be thinner, which also reminds me. When I was at the D&B Supply the other day, getting the screws to hold the shelf, I saw all the twine they sold, and what I have is the smallest. It just gets bigger from there.
Maybe a Michaels or Jo Ann Fabric might have smaller, but, not going to bother with it.
1000012168.jpg

Have you considered something like waxed sail twine for your rope? I believe model sail ship builders use it as rigging line. You might be able to rough it up some to give it a more "natural" Ewok look. Just a suggestion.
I have not, but also really tight on a budget.
So the most I was able to do, was just buy more super glue, as without that, I couldn't anything. But for pretty much anything else, I'll have to just use what I have.

Little more done. Having to coat more of this twine with the tacky glue.
The right one also has it going around the main one, which you can barely make out that they did like that for Jedi.
Probably should be thinner, which also reminds me. When I was at the D&B Supply the other day, getting the screws to hold the shelf, I saw all the twine they sold, and what I have is the smallest. It just gets bigger from there.
Maybe a Michaels or Jo Ann Fabric might have smaller, but, not going to bother with it.
View attachment 1771020
Hay there Friend how about looking at some line like brick layers use it come in many diff colors and can be painted it looks like a heavy rope in model scale hope this helps me Friend

Finally got through all the holidays and still have attempted to settle down. Had a job interview and waiting to hear back. I'll probably contact them here soon to hope and hear back for an update.
I figured, I really want to get this done now, as its taking much longer than expected. Mainly, the ropes on these logs is quite the pain. The glue seems to have a hard time gluing, and even then, once fully dry and trying to then wrap it around, they cam still break off.
So have to do a little at a time, and go very slow....
1000013018.jpg

Well, got word today that the job didn't hire me. So my roomate is taking me to Amazon tomorrow, as he works there already. There is a few different warehouses here in the area, so I'll see how any of them goes. Getting pretty desperate now.

As for this model, got a little done, although last few weeks, got caught up playing some old videos games.
Think I just needed to get away for a bit.
Both logs are done. The outside ropes from both have more ropes tangled up the main ones, but the inner ones do not.
Still not sure if I should add that to the two others or not.
1000013265.jpg

I also liked how the burning of the plastic turned out, so I really didn't want to prime over it, just to try and recreate it, so I sprayed it with a flat coat sealer and can touch up some spots from there, and then seal it again.
1000013266.jpg

I'm thinking I'll look into adding a few cotton balls painted to look like the explosion that happens. Want to see if there is a way to harden them so they won't come apart, like cotton balls do.
Maybe mix in glue or something like that?

And of course, like Rob, and probably all of us here, always planning out the next project and even starting it before the first is finished....or like 37 at once.
I wanted to take the Final Fantasy 6 logo, and make it into layers over a board, all from styrene I cut out myself. But instead of the drawn logo and letters over lapping, I have the letters below it. (As that should make it a little easier)
1000013267.png

I think the overall idea is not to bad, its just cutting out all the tiny little random shapes.
1000013263.jpg

Printed the logo and cutting it out so I can redrawn on a layer of styrene. I just am not great at getting everything drawn correctly and sized right, so that will help.....I hope.
1000013264.jpg

Got this far, but in my tiredness, I accidentally cut off the right foot....but, I wanted to add some layers in, so that will thankfully work out as another layer.
1000013272.jpg

So kinda like a shadow box, just without the actual box, and all the layers probably won't be quite as separated as a normal shadow box.
I can just play around with whatever works best and what I like, since its going on my own wall anyways.

Got it all cut out and some layers added. Her face and hair took quite some time today. Cut myself a few times as well.
The letters are now my biggest obstacle.
Tried printing them out and thought I could cut them out, making a stencil...but it didn't really work.
1000013285.jpg

Liking where this is going. I also go "old-school" with cutting templates and letters by hand -can be infinitely painful...

Liking where this is going. I also go "old-school" with cutting templates and letters by hand -can be infinitely painful...
Thanks.
Between all the little cuts and glue on my fingers, Iike how its turning out so far.
Was really wanting this to be a quick project, so I can jump back on the AT-ST.
1000013294.jpg

Pretty close to the first coat of primer.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back