The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group

Eventhough I had received my vintage handwheel from kurtyboy ... I still kept on checking ebay regularly and low and behold I did finally tracked another 'C' AS handwheel down in ... Germany ... for far less I might add and I could not resist the purchase

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/Sym-Cha/ASHandwheelC.jpg

Then ... when I finally had the opportunity to get a converted Balance Pipe ... it came with yet another vintage AS handwheel as part of the deal :

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/Sym-Cha/OB1-parts-03_zps98af6277.jpg

. . . now this one is rather unique, as parfaitelumiere pointed out to me, . . . it's supposed to have a metal endcap ... and as you can see the Armitage Shanks text is positioned in an arc above the 'C' ... so now you guess which one is finally going to make it onto my all real parts OB1lightsaber with this vintage G R A F L E X case D-ring?

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/Sym-Cha/GraflexCase04.jpg

To be continued . . .

Chaïm
you really know how to upset a man and force him into a corner wondering when he will ever become worthy
i will just stick with my DV reveal build ........sob sob sob ( for the one being)

chromeplatedAShandwheels.jpg

Bengrim09 I'll bet you'll find another bathroom filled with goodies such as seen above some day soon... or won't you? :)

For now I just wonder which handwheel is older, or more vintage, ... with the text straight under the 'C' or over in an arc?

Chaïm

Last edited:
http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/Sym-Cha/chromeplatedAShandwheels.jpg

@Bengrim09 I'll bet you'll find another bathroom filled with goodies such as seen above some day soon... or won't you? :)

For now I just wonder which handwheel is older, or more vintage, ... with the text straight under the 'C' or over in an arc?

Chaïm
Go on rub it in, you just have to keep prodding and poking but it's ok I'm not in the corner anymore, I've gone into the kennels with my faithful dogs, as they won't tell me to stop sobbing !!! Not like my wife ( she's hidden the credit card ) !!!!! One day oh yes one day I will have an all original vintage kinobi saber :rolleyes
nice taps by the way
you must have enough spares to make at least 4 or 5 sabres maybe not all vintage !!! but sabers ;);)

Last edited:
No worries Ben, ... that last picture of the complete tabs resides only in my archive ... I just like to entertain all those folks taking the time to check this thread ... in case some of them want to commence the quest themselves :)

Chaïm

Well done Markus ... and I love the fact you 'clamp' the Exactra bubblestrip inbetween the clamp teeth ... not all the way underneath :)

Chaïm

Luke%20ANH%20hero%20OB1%20hero_zpsuqsa7fax.JPG

If only we had a large blow up of the saber on OB1's belt in this scene shot on stage ... we might see what endcap is on there o_O

Chaïm

Last edited:
Next up is my ANM2 Booster . . . already received a long time ago . . . thanks again to rpf member Tim Jester a.k.a. Franz Bolo :

CotterPins05.JPG

. . . mine came with a booster bearing, which as some of us think could also have been
used for the cone attached in the emitter :

BoosterCone02.JPG

Here's how it is attached inside a ANM2 Booster . . . with some cotter pins which may
have been used to attach the booster to the G R A F L E X clamp lateron :

Booster.JPG

For that reason I managed to grab a box full of vintage cotter pins made in the UK, which I had to bend and reshape as seen above, though I'm not quite certain how to properly attach them inside the G R A F L E X clamp . . . so I haven't . . . yet :

CotterPins02.JPG

CotterPins04.JPG

It's quite possible the propmakers had access to many ANM2 machine guns thus plenty of booster
bearings to use one inside the emitter, that said if the ANM2 Boosters were rented than they would
have to be returned to Bapty's and put back on the real guns ... so they could not be altered for use
inside the emitter :wacko

Here I attached the booster to a vintage G R A F L E X clamp from one of my Luke ANH sabers ... and with the
booster bearing inside holding it's own behind the inside tabs :

GraflexBooster02.JPG

GraflexBooster00.JPG

GraflexBooster03.JPG

GraflexBooster01.JPG

Next up the Exactra 20* as seen on the left, which I'll probably use for my all vintage parts OB1 with the all round bubblestrip ... here are some pictures :

Exactra_02.JPG

Exactra_04.JPG

To be continued . . . any comments or replies very much appreciated ... also still waiting for some known members to show up with their OB1 ANH All Vintage Parts lightsabers ... please? :)

Chaïm

Last edited:
@userd1402 ... you're very welcome to join us ... who knows you might even get the vintage parts you seek sooner by posting your pictures here because you'll be on our radar
Chaïm

OK then. Here are my real parts so far; Hales grenade, Graflex clamp, Exactra bubbles, transistors, AS handwheel.
I have Roman's replica booster and emitter standing in until the real-deal turns up and the excellent booster-bearing replica by teecrooz.

2017-04-28 18.18.50.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks userd1402 ... welcome and you're of to a great start ... there's hardly a slope in the first ring on your grenade ... it's quite unique ... lovely natural weathering on the pommel cubes also :)

Chaïm

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back