Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

Bit of a catch 22. Flexible means it can bend and the straps can become misaligned. Rigid means the shoes is less wearable.

If you look at EARL from NIKE, they have their mechanism encased in a hard plastic shell. Yet their MAGs did not have this (as far as wel know anyway), so I wonder how they got around that?
The as far as I know, the plastic has nothing to do with the straps becoming misaligned. Image tank treads. The metal bar has 4 slots, each of them with a metal cog. The cog turns and runs over the tread of the laces, and depending on the direction the motor is turning, pushes then one way or another. The metal 'cogs' are on the top, and underneath it, theres solid smooth metal to hold it. As far as I know, the metal 'cogs' are all connected to the same axle that the motor turns, but each cog has a chance to move independently, but only just slightly. What's probably happening with misfed laces, is that they're not being inserted fully in the factory, and they're also missing the adhesive/goo stuff on the tips of the plastic to stop them from coming undone, in which case, once they're laced and unlaced a couple of times, the tip of the lace reached the cog, the cog moves independently a little bit, and the lace slips out. Then again, there's a chance that the plastic could be pressing down and causing the cogs to not turn a couple of times, but I doubt it

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The as far as I know, the plastic has nothing to do with the straps becoming misaligned. Image tank treads. The metal bar has 4 slots, each of them with a metal cog. The cog turns and runs over the tread of the laces, and depending on the direction the motor is turning, pushes then one way or another. The metal 'cogs' are on the top, and underneath it, theres solid smooth metal to hold it. As far as I know, the metal 'cogs' are all connected to the same axle that the motor turns, but each cog has a chance to move independently, but only just slightly. What's probably happening with misfed laces, is that they're not being inserted fully in the factory, and they're also missing the adhesive/goo stuff on the tips of the plastic to stop them from coming undone, in which case, once they're laced and unlaced a couple of times, the tip of the lace reached the cog, the cog moves independently a little bit, and the lace slips out. Then again, there's a chance that the plastic could be pressing down and causing the cogs to not turn a couple of times, but I doubt it

How about there is enough flex in the whole system to prevent 100% contact and why a belt skip occurs?

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

How do I post a video from my phone? I want you guys to see something and give me your opinion? Or would someone be kind enough for me to text you the video and you post it for me? If so then please PM me your number. Thanks. I thought my battery was bad but I'm not so sure now.

How do I post a video from my phone? I want you guys to see something and give me your opinion? Or would someone be kind enough for me to text you the video and you post it for me? If so then please PM me your number. Thanks. I thought my battery was bad but I'm not so sure now.
I just post it to YouTube as unlisted and post the link

The dreaded flashing EL. This is a short somewhere and because the wires are so thin and run through parts of the shoe, chances of finding it are slim.

In my case, it was the wires where they pass through the mid-sole to the EL that had been worn through to bear copper. One had actually broke and the other was making the strap do what your side panel is doing.

IMG_0942.JPGIMG_0942.JPG

Just wanted to post this: V4 box modification, to make it more like the real one. First, I take the part that holds the display peice, and I apply a layer of hot glue around the perimeter, pressing it down on the middle part between the two 'doors' of the box
eea9caf88f997c05be494f96d547667a.jpg
8de5a1fb5a4b99c7a3d063ec186a941a.jpg
743c3c642f7720613cdda016b2584660.jpg

Next, I've take two flat magnet strips with a back adhesive, and I put them on the parts of the box that overlap when closed, to help it stay shut. They're black now, but I plan to paint them white.
039e8d9d0dfdeb3488951f4fe7baed3d.jpg
22729c51c5f11fa422bec3e0a89371fc.jpg

Finally, I just put the Charger and poster in the free space under the display part
96708651da6f05f223c4b65c8e6dcc44.jpg
b2026b6b4ed8a51882c6b689d76a0fce.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back