Rogue One: Chirrut Imwe research and build thread

Upgraded boots. After a year and a bit of searching, I finally found a pair of accurate Cole Haan Lunargrand Chelsea boots!

Couple videos showing the modifications.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally some progress of my own to contribute to this thread!

The costume itself is from Magnoli, since I don't have any of the sewing chops that pandatrooper has haha. The greeblies are from 3dpropsnl:
0yt6OPL.jpg

As my first attempt at putting together a costume, the biggest challenge that I had was trying to figure out how to attach the greeblies. I tried to google tips of how to best do it, but couldn't find anything... so I decided to just take a guess and order a bunch of things off of Amazon haha:
- Industrial strength velcro
- 1 inch nylon webbing
- E6000 adhesive
- 1/2 inch black elastic

The major thing I wanted to optimize for was being able to detach the greeblies so the costume could be packed separately, so I figured that using a strong velcro would do the trick. Also, given my aforementioned sewing skills, I figured that I'd try to find a good adhesive that would work on both fabric and plastic.

Even though the velcro has its own adhesive, I used a bunch of E6000 to help put these pieces on the sleeve. I decided to use the loop end on all of the fabric pieces... otherwise, I figured that if I put the hook end on the fabric, it could get easily caught on other pieces while in transit.
dTEhXYx.jpg

I attached some of the black nylon to the bandolier, and put a loop strip on the front facing side... both also with the help of E6000.
Uq2HCvS.jpg

And then on the back sides of each of the greeblies, I put velcro hook strips:
Q2aT3Hc.jpg

I decided to set up the velcro so that the pieces would be perpendicular to each other when they connect... that way I wouldn't have to exactly line them up when attaching everything. So for the sleeve for example, the loop strip is horizontal and the greeblie has the hook strip vertical.

Overall, pretty happy with how things worked out!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back