[3D Printing] Fallout 4 10mm Pistol build

Kokanee

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've been lusting after a Fallout 4 10mm pistol to add to my prop collection for awhile, and decided to go ahead with a build now that I have cleared my table of other projects. I'm using these files: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/fallout-4-10mm-pistol-10475

For those not in the know, this is what the final result is supposed to look like:

x10mm-pistol.jpg.pagespeed.ic.qzvnIzHDN-.jpg

I've gone ahead and starting printing, after a few of the metal components I decided to try my hand at printing off some wood grips using wood filament in my printer (Replicator 2X). The results were actually pretty amazing I think:

0 (1).jpg

Going to do the other half of the grip tomorrow then glue them together; the original file was one grip in one part, but printing in halves allows for a simulated "wood grain" effect. Will keep posting as I make progress on this project.

Wow the wood grip actually looks pretty darn cool! Does it feel the same as wood?

Yep, has a very similar feel to tree-grown wood. It actually carves like a softwood as I found out while removing support material. Sands very well too.

Chipping away at this, all of the major components are printed with the greeblies about to come off the printer in an hour or so.

0 (2).jpg

Moving onto sanding and filling, hope to be painting sometime this weekend!

If you wouldn't of said anything I would of easily said those grips were made from wood. Looking great so far.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back