Battlestar Galactica the secon coming...

doppelganger

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi all, I'm builiding a BSG blaster from TOS and was looking for the sound effect online to add to it, when on youtube I came across a trailer I had no idea exhisted. It was a 4 minute trailer for Battlestar Galactica the second coming. It was made in 1999 starring original cast members and looked great. However all I can find is this trailer. Even on IMDB it says its a 4 minute sci fi short. Surely they didnt put all that effort into a 4 minute trailer. Does this exhist in its entirety somewhere or was it just filmed to show what could be done if they had a budget for a full feature.

Any clarification on this or a good blaster mp3 would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys and gals.

"The Second Coming" was only a pitch by Richard Hatch to convince Universal to launch a continuation of the original Battlestar Galactica. It was received very well among the fans but Universal decided not to pursue that idea. Instead, they launched the re-imagined series by Ron D. Moore. On byyourcommand.net you will find many infos on the project. :)

I was on set for 3 days of shooting.
I'm in one scene, really tiny in the background hanger for about 2 seconds.
All my scenes with the main actors never made it in. :(

What a shame. It looked like it could have gone down really well and grabbed a new fan base as well as the old guard.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back