Options for Mace Windu sabers?

That’s KR sabers isn’t it?!

Yeah - he's re-selling these 89sabers ones. I'm actually quite tempted now since they're in stock here in the UK (they're slightly more expensive, but won't have to pay as much in shipping or custom fees and can have it arrive in a few days.

The question for me is that this a) available and b) reasonably priced, how likely is it that we'll get a more accurate one that is affordable and easy to get any time soon?

I understand that 89saber's version is based on the master replicas version. I believe this version also includes a solid pommel cap and an emitter plug mimicking the MR version's. So I guess the accuracy of 89sabers depends largely upon the accuracy of MR's version.

I ended up buying this and it arrived yesterday - I'll try to take some photos when I get a chance.

Overall the build quality is really nice - it all fits nicely together and feels really solid and surprisingly heavy. The chroming and gold plating looks well done.

There are some obvious sacrifices made in order to make it FX-ready (e.g. blade retention screws and sound holes), and then there will be some inaccuracies already mentioned about the size of various components. However, since I don't know the saber well enough to know what it should look like to that level of detail, these don't really bother me. What is rather more glaring though is that the pommel is threaded so that the covertec is on the wrong side!

Overall, though very nice and happy with it for a static display.

IMG_2360.JPGIMG_2361.JPG

If you check the versions displayed at various exhibits, you'll see that the covertec actually shifts around. Maybe there is more than one exhibit model or the pommel can be rotated. At certain exhibits the covertec lines up with the MR version while other exhibits have displayed a version that is consisnt with the 89sabers version. For example, the version displayed (see attached photos) at the Franklin Institute exhibit is consistent with 89sabers version.

I have the MR version and the 89sabers version. When I have time to dig out the MR version I can take a few photos for comparison. But from what I remember they're practically identical superficially, except for the well-hidden blade retention screw and the two curved sound vents in the pommel. Also the covertec screw is colored matte black instead of silver, as are the MR and exhibition ones. Also the gold plating in 89sabers version matches MR's signature edition version more closely than the limited edition version.

I ended up buying this and it arrived yesterday - I'll try to take some photos when I get a chance.

Overall the build quality is really nice - it all fits nicely together and feels really solid and surprisingly heavy. The chroming and gold plating looks well done.

There are some obvious sacrifices made in order to make it FX-ready (e.g. blade retention screws and sound holes), and then there will be some inaccuracies already mentioned about the size of various components. However, since I don't know the saber well enough to know what it should look like to that level of detail, these don't really bother me. What is rather more glaring though is that the pommel is threaded so that the covertec is on the wrong side!

Overall, though very nice and happy with it for a static display.

Last edited:
I have been in a similar position looking for a Dooku saber, those seem to be incredibly hard to find.

Seems like for Dooku there are basically 2 options: MR and Korbanth. Both have their pros and cons.

Sorry for getting off topic here, but there's also a dooku made by ultimate works. Not sure of the quality of the build but I remember it was inexpensive.

Saber Forge has a version as well. It's bigger than the prop, but smaller than the MR version. It's called " The Count"
Don Mac

Last edited:
MR has always been very expensive since there seems to have only been a single run of them and they have been rare ever since. I never got the FX saber since it looked to be a little too oversized and inaccurate. Something a little smaller would have been better but few people seem to make them.

I have looked at the saberforge one but it has only been a preorder for a long time now, and I know nothing about the place so I had some reservations about paying for something that I am very unsure about.

What is rather more glaring though is that the pommel is threaded so that the covertec is on the wrong side!

I just received mine. The covertec lines up with the button side! Like, exactly in line with the center of the three buttons. Is that how yours is? Seems the worst possible placement.

I just received mine. The covertec lines up with the button side! Like, exactly in line with the center of the three buttons. Is that how yours is? Seems the worst possible placement.

With the buttons on top (lets call it 12 o'clock), mine sits to the left. I've screwed it and unscrewed it several times and can vary between sitting at 9 o'clock to about 11 o'clock.

The MR has it on the right (3 o'clock) but the pictures of the prop El Toro posted above show that it can be seen in different positions. Indeed, if you have a search for images of Mace where he is wearing the saber on his belt, the configuration would lead me to believe that the covertec also sat at 6 o'clock in line with the rubber covering, as the images show the gold buttons facing directly out from his body.

The mace is rare because it's hard to build and has more pieces than the rest. Lot of builders were/are unwilling to tackle it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back