A transparent tint or film for TASM lenses.

ShadowWorks FX

Hey guys!
So I made a post earlier about how I could make some TASM and got really good response. I am now about to start work on the lens frames and such.
Here's the thing, I bought a pair of darker tinted sunglasses that are similar of the shape in the film. I was thinking of printing out a honeycomb texture and cutting it with an exacto-knife and putting it on the lens and painting over it so I could take it off and have a honeycomb texture to it. But my issue is that I cannot, for the life of me, find a yellow/gold tint,film, or spray paint for it. I need something that will make it have a golden quality to it while still being able to see out of it.

THANKS!

You know the stuff they apply to Windows to have an advertisement posted to them? I bought some of that with the intention of making lenses. I ended up using it on my starlord cosplay helmet, and because the back is black you can see straight through it

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

You know the stuff they apply to Windows to have an advertisement posted to them? I bought some of that with the intention of making lenses. I ended up using it on my starlord cosplay helmet, and because the back is black you can see straight through it

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Except he wants the hexagon pattern that the ASM lenses have - the window vinyl you are referring to is perforated with circular holes, it won't look the same.

Except he wants the hexagon pattern that the ASM lenses have - the window vinyl you are referring to is perforated with circular holes, it won't look the same.

Good point, sorry XD I bow to Tjack! He is legitimately the expert here, he'll be able to help you a lot better than I can :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point, sorry XD I bow to Tjack! He is legitimately the expert here, he'll be able to help you a lot better than I can :)

Lol, hardly an expert, but I struggled to find something I was satisfied with.
ShadowWorks FX - if you take a look at my lenses thread you can see what I have been using. I can help you out if you want to pick some of it up from me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, hardly an expert, but I struggled to find something I was satisfied with.
@ShadowWorks FX - if you take a look at my lenses thread you can see what I have been using. I can help you out if you want to pick some of it up from me.

I think you're being humble XD every spidey cosplayer I know of has your lenses

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back