Lost in Space (Netflix series)

It's different. I have no problem with it. Something tells me that the robot is now alien. It's complicated. It's going to be a long, long five weeks.

I hear those seven notes from the season 2+ theme played so slowly, teasingly, that it just gets to me, the part of me that remembers what it was like to be 10 and in love with LiS.

Let the analysis begin... :)

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg9.jpg6.jpg8.jpg7.jpg
5.jpg10.jpg

It does seem that the "new" Jupiter 2 is likely going to be big enough for whatever interior that has been created for it. :D

Couldn't agree more. Sometimes people slip and forget that they're actually adults. ;)

More to the topic - I have to admit that they have really managed to stand the robot "character" on it's head. Given its use of the phrase "Danger Will Robinson," it's safe to deduce that the funky looking (apparently) mechanical beastie is indeed whatever will be the "robot" in this series. But when John Robinson asks it what it is, it's also a reasonable deduction that it's probably not the "environmental robot" of the 60's. Not disagreeing with anyone - but I do like it. Very Cylon-like, in fact. Alien. It's rather obvious at this point that the series is going to bear very little resemblance visually to the original, or even to the movie. It's definitely going to get it's share of haters. I can hear the moans of "LiSino" already. :D

Oops. Missed one.

n.jpg

The J2 is definitely not a small spacecraft. Definitely not the elegant saucer of the original either, nor the art-deco flavored movie version. But it's role is apparently akin to the family RV - an equipment and supplies hauler from the "mother ship" to a planetary surface, and likely a habitat as well of sorts. While it looks weird, it's also likely a bit better thought out this time around. At least I get that initial impression: ugly functionality.

Seems like season 1 will be escaping the planet and then following seasons they might be in space. While I do not like the overall design of the robot, I like the retcon of making the robot alien AI. That is an interesting twist that potentially can lead to some cool happenings.

I am a sucker for Sci-Fi, and am hopeful for a good show.

Robot is radically different that's for sure. I'm struggling to find any design nods, perhaps there is something subtle you never know. The important thing I think is on the TV show Robot evolved from truly being very robotic to becoming quite the character, more so than they expected in the beginning I'm sure. The banter between Will, Robot and Smith eventually became a big deal.

Grew up with the original series, re runs anyway and loved it. Havent seen the film in a long time but dug it if memory serves. Will definitely give this a watch. Big fan of Netflix.

I grew up on it when it originally aired.

Been tripping done memory lane last week and watching the blu rays

Grew up with the original series, re runs anyway and loved it. Havent seen the film in a long time but dug it if memory serves. Will definitely give this a watch. Big fan of Netflix.

when i saw the alien (robot) i said to myself... please no, dont make that robot... sure enough... everything else looks so beautiful. im still really excited for this

After thinking about the robot design, it makes sense for it to be bi-pedal. Tank tracks certainly have their place as far as some terrain
is concerned. Bi-pedal is more useful. Who knows maybe its some kind of nano technology that allows it to change to suit the environment.
So I'll wait to past judgement until I see it in action and its application(s) are revealed. Show certainly looks interesting.
Lastly. Is the robot part of the crew ?. They may it appear in the trailer that Will found it. Any one else get that.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back