AMCs Preacher Build

Looks like you've done a good job on this! The prop master for the show, James, and his crew are great to work with. That was the second show we worked on with him. We only did smalls for it as our shop and production was separated by many states. We'll be a LOT more involved in season 2! Look forward to sharing some shop and set pics after it's all done!

Watch identified via screen shot of him looking at his watch in the last episode. Timex T2M441 but with a plain black band instead of the original brown one. About $30 on ebay or Amazon. IMG_1134.JPG

That doesn't mean someone hasn't replicated them. In fact I found some on etsy 5 minutes after posting that

Well, you said "screen accurate" which the Etsy ones aren't, but they're a great alternative. The pattern is close. I have some in order myself, and especially as a budget version, they'll be 10/10

my thoughts exactly, they have similar imprinted design but they arent accurate
comparision.jpg

Well, you said "screen accurate" which the Etsy ones aren't, but they're a great alternative. The pattern is close. I have some in order myself, and especially as a budget version, they'll be 10/10

Hi guys, first time posting here. Currently finishing up a budget Preacher build. I was wondering what the solution is for the white collar tab? I can see it's a piece of cloth but not sure how best to implement it. I used some tissue so far as a place holder to see what it would look like.

20139629_10159115740050192_2441690326258901425_n.jpg

get your self some nice quality cotton, and interfacing to make the preacher collar, i used velcro on the ends to attach it and make it tight.
IMG_0615.JPG

Hi guys, first time posting here. Currently finishing up a budget Preacher build. I was wondering what the solution is for the white collar tab? I can see it's a piece of cloth but not sure how best to implement it. I used some tissue so far as a place holder to see what it would look like.

View attachment 748650

Last edited:
my thoughts exactly, they have similar imprinted design but they arent accurate
View attachment 748382

They are hand made and hand stamped, so no two will be exactly alike. In fact, the wardrobe department has multiple sets that vary from set to set. So trying to match replicas will be nearly impossible since they change from episode to episode or scene to scene. The best bet would be to buy blanks and the embossing tools to stamp them yourself. That way you can control every angle / depth etc. A 3D printed set will end up looking like the ones on Etsy after plating as the plating process will soften the stampings.

Im not trying to be a Debbie Downer. I just would hate to see you guys spend a lot of effort only to have another close up picture pop up showing a different set (that is slightly different).

They are hand made and hand stamped, so no two will be exactly alike. In fact, the wardrobe department has multiple sets that vary from set to set. So trying to match replicas will be nearly impossible since they change from episode to episode or scene to scene. The best bet would be to buy blanks and the embossing tools to stamp them yourself. That way you can control every angle / depth etc. A 3D printed set will end up looking like the ones on Etsy after plating as the plating process will soften the stampings.

Im not trying to be a Debbie Downer. I just would hate to see you guys spend a lot of effort only to have another close up picture pop up showing a different set (that is slightly different).

Thanks for the info.

Im planning to get a few sets 3D printed in metal and get the design engraved afterwards.

Also, any chance you'd be able to find out the exact John Varvatos jacket and pants he wears in the show?

Thanks for the info.

Im planning to get a few sets 3D printed in metal and get the design engraved afterwards.

Also, any chance you'd be able to find out the exact John Varvatos jacket and pants he wears in the show?

Just to be clear, I dont work on the show. I just know how a wardrobe department works. Can you imagine if a collar tab fell off between shoots and they didnt have a bucket full of them?

I would contact a silversmith like the link below. Thats all they do and the design is super simple. If you guys get together Im betting you can get a set for under $100 easy.

http://www.fritchbrothers.com/products-page/collar-tips/

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back