Half Scale Salzo Battlestar build x 2

Gort

I haven't posted here for a long while. Part of the reason being that I've been working on these two build ups of Mike Salzo's excellent 1/2 Scale Battlestars. In order to add an extra layer of accurate detailing I applied many, many 1/2 scale versions of original kit parts by using a special polymer. This polymer shrinks in a dimensionally accurate way to give incredibly detailed mini-versions of the original parts. Its not without its limitations, but for this project it added a whole extra dimension that would have been hard to achieve any other way. I gave a few of these 1/2 scale parts to Mike to add to the original patterns, (eg the Roco tanks along the engine) but I applied a lot more to these buildups to make them unique.Almost the entire 'Nose' section is made from 1/2 scale original parts.

Fibre optics are 0.5mm for the portholes using a warm white LED and an additional filter to tint the lights towards the warm colour temperature as seen in the the original incandescent light sources Apogee used, plus 0.25mm FO for the chasing lights at the entrance to the landing bays. Both ships run off independent battery boxes as per the clients wishes.with the power feeds running up the support pole so no additional power jacks are required.

Both these models are now destined for a collector in Germany, who, I have to say has been the nicest most appreciative client anyone could wish to work with.

Screen_shot_6.png

Galactica_front_SML.jpg

Galactica_space_2_SML.jpg

Screen_shot_5.png

Screen_shot_4.png

Gal_bridge_SML.jpg

Screen_shot_7.png

Battlestars_lit.jpg

Screen_shot_3.png

Question Gort, what did you use to seperate the long red strip on the lower section of the gatorhead? The rectangular blocks. Most other builds I have seen these as well. I don't have anything in my kit that matches these.

Hi

Thanks for the nice feedback guys. I've seen some great Salzo Battlestar builds showing up online while I've been working on these which have really inspired me to go that extra mile. I also still think Mike Salzo is a garage kit genius for actually producing something this huge in the first place!

Question Gort, what did you use to seperate the long red strip on the lower section of the gatorhead? The rectangular blocks. Most other builds I have seen these as well. I don't have anything in my kit that matches these.

Robiwon - The kit doesn't seem to come with these parts, so I used some small tracks I had in my kit stock that approximated the 1/48 Panther tracks used originally.

Cheers
Nick

Ah, O.K. thanks Gort. That is one of the few details left to add to mine before I paint the red.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back