How does Kylo Ren affix his lightsaber?

AlexCope

I'm working on my Kylo Ren costume and I'm stuck as to what to do with the lightsaber. My friend troops as a Jedi and he has a belt clip that he uses so he doens't have to have his saber in-hand the whole time. Does anyone know if Kylo Ren has something in the same vein?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

As Veektohr said there are a few people who do production runs of these that I have seen.

Here's some pictures of my saber with the clip that I got from Sni9er, to show you how they're supposed to work. Ignore the unpainted belt piece :D

To start with, here's the piece that sits on the saber next to the clip itself. Note the notch in the belt piece as well as the extruded piece on the saber section.

2Hcoy6s.jpg

The gold piece slides inside the belt piece. The extruded bit on the saber side will eventually meet the edge of the channel and provide some reistance as it slides through.

rVQJyKp.jpg

As it slides down the extruded piece meets the notch and kind of 'locks' into place here.

dwQuHD5.jpg

In this position (in fact, even with the friction alone inside the channel) the saber hangs quite safely in place.

rVHQgdk.jpg

To remove it you pull the saber down and out the bottom of the clip.

RSIkA6N.jpg

I can't comment on other people's products but the metal one Sni9er was offering (not sure if he still is) is excellent in quality and functionality.

That's great, thank you very much. Shortly after I posted this I came across the belt clip but there weren't any decent pictures of one and the fit so again, thank you :)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back