Report from C4

Just got back to the hotel from day 1 of C4. Of course my first stop was the Archive Exhibit.

In a few words... a bit disappointing :unsure.

In a few more words... if you are a Colin Cantwell fan (which I am), there is some cool stuff to see.

If anyone was hoping for a plethora of screen used studio scale models to ring in the 30th anniversary of Star Wars.... there is not a one! That's right - not a single SCREEN USED studio scale model in the joint. Here's what's there...

Proto Star Destroyer
Proto Falcon
Proto Sandcrawler
Proto Death Star
Death Star II power generator (I think?)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47305712@N00/

Enjoy the pics, and please let me know if you're interested in close-ups of anything.

There are of course plenty of costumes and a great display of Vader's masks and chest plates. Also, for you weapon fans... more disappointment. Just a couple of Vader sabers and not much else.

That's all for now...

Dan

Thats sad news Dan, it would have been a chance for even more ref on some studio props, pity.
Its the same as the SW exhibit here in the UK, apparently to ISD, or Falcon, i dont even think the crawler is there.
However, thats a great pic of the DSII generators, i was reding in SAG they were made fom paper cups and Saturn V nozzles, its simple, but cool to look at nontheless!

lee

any more pics you can take of the generator would be great. Especially the top and base. I would like to see more of the proto Death Star and stardestroyer.

Thanks

Thanks for the pictures. Disappointing if you were hoping to see some studio scale miniatures. The Cantwell designs are interesting in the pictures you have taken. I didn't know that there was greater detailing on some of these, including a nice weathering job on some of them.

As for the Falcon, I never quite "got it" where George thought the Blockade Runner looked too much like a Space 1999 Eagle. Your shot of the prototype seems to show that look quite clearly. I have to wonder whether George changed his mind based on what he was seeing from the Cantwell model versus the actual RBR.

Cool pictures,, the generators are seen powering the DS II shields from the bunker on Endor.

"Han ol buddy dont let me down.."

Just got back to the hotel from day 1 of C4. Of course my first stop was the Archive Exhibit.

In a few words... a bit disappointing :unsure.

In a few more words... if you are a Colin Cantwell fan (which I am), there is some cool stuff to see.

If anyone was hoping for a plethora of screen used studio scale models to ring in the 30th anniversary of Star Wars.... there is not a one! That's right - not a single SCREEN USED studio scale model in the joint. Here's what's there...

Proto Star Destroyer
Proto Falcon
Proto Sandcrawler
Proto Death Star
Death Star II power generator (I think?)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47305712@N00/

Enjoy the pics, and please let me know if you're interested in close-ups of anything.

There are of course plenty of costumes and a great display of Vader's masks and chest plates. Also, for you weapon fans... more disappointment. Just a couple of Vader sabers and not much else.

That's all for now...

Dan

I'd be interested in seeing another angle of the proto sandcrawler - the only clear photos I've ever seen are all straight from the front, and I have no idea what it looks like from the side.

BTW, I've always liked that proto Star Destroyer... has kind of a cool 1890's look to it.

Thats sad news Dan, it would have been a chance for even more ref on some studio props, pity.
Its the same as the SW exhibit here in the UK, apparently to ISD, or Falcon, i dont even think the crawler is there.
However, thats a great pic of the DSII generators, i was reding in SAG they were made fom paper cups and Saturn V nozzles, its simple, but cool to look at nontheless!

lee

And NO X-Wings!?

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back