Jumanji Board - 3D Printed

Working with Audrey I cnced the lid he trusted me with out of walnut. Please don't ask me for any files or anything being that I will not recreate or sell anything without his permission.
9cd39f716dcb85b6f77b814cb278e57d.jpg

d76d6678385437277a906c538d2a88fa.jpg

79a36146323b1b05dade1e0a6c2b15f6.jpg

093124380a1eaeae138d0e53d84ced73.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It still needs to get cleaned up but it's progress

Fantastic work and thank you for the in depth view into your method of 3D modelling this!

Thanks brother and Audrey has done some amazing work brother I hope to be able to help him create a very accurate product

You guys should consider doing a run ;-) I now have a markpoon board, but when I see these pictures, I guess you guys would be able to make an even better board...

If I can find a way of reliably producing the boards at a reasonable speed and cost, at a high enough quality, then absolutely!
But that definitely won't be a one-man show, there will be a few people involved making it as high quality as possible. Although I might just trade you one for a Markpoon board ;-)
I think it was my sadness at missing out on those that motivated me to make this! Although anyone who wants a Markpoon board can find one here:
http://jumanjiboard.com/

I am the lucky owner of one of markpoons boards that didn't "warp". Many of the boards lids warped over time, so the lids didn't close nicely anymore. Really a pitty for such an expensive board. Don't know the price of a board from jumanjiboard.com at this moment, but last time I saw the prices there, it was more than dubble of the price I paid for my board. For me that new price is too much. I'm glad I got mine for the price I paid, and that the lids still close nicely...

I am the lucky owner of one of markpoons boards that didn't "warp". Many of the boards lids warped over time, so the lids didn't close nicely anymore. Really a pitty for such an expensive board. Don't know the price of a board from jumanjiboard.com at this moment, but last time I saw the prices there, it was more than dubble of the price I paid for my board. For me that new price is too much. I'm glad I got mine for the price I paid, and that the lids still close nicely...

Yeah I got lucky too, for a while the lid warped too, but it got back more or less to its original position after it got used to the weather here. I am also really happy with mine and for the price we got them for, I don't think we can beat that!

I looked around on the site and it seems that the boards sell for $2600 now... :eek:eek:eek That's about $2000 (two thousand!!!) more than what the original buyers payed for them... or a price increse of over 400%. I know certain props can increase in value, because they are rare, but these boards are still produced. It's like you would pay $1000 for a Rylo Cryocan or a Headpiece of the Staff of Ra from RelicMaker... Anyway, people can ask whatever they want, off course...

Wow, amazing work, Audrey2! Huge amount of care in the details... I'll follow your progress in this childhood project.

Okay random update time:

I'm still sculpting the little playing pieces, I can never get them to a place that I'm happy with. I'll update with screenshots when I can.

Having been working closely with Xkuco on the CNC board, I've decided to just get an x-carve of my own. As such this will also become a CNC thread, however we're going to be using somewhat different methods, so I'll keep posting in this thread. Also any further developments of the models and any additions I have to the plans will be posted about in here.

On the note of updating the plans and models, I've been very kindly loaned some bits of an original board that was never assembled during production that I will be using as reference to improve the public board plans and my digital models. The parts are currently in the mail and I'll post a huge collection of reference photos as soon as they arrive.

After much searching, I've found that the font used for the riddles displayed on the board screen is "Lithos Bold" which I bought, then realised came free with most computers as one of the pre-installed fonts. Not a smart move, but happy to have finally found the font.

jumanji_lithos.png

Now we just need ligit video so I can make the code on the arduino to make kits

... happy to have finally found the font.

View attachment 658155

Now we just need ligit video so I can make the code on the arduino to make kits

I have been meaning to animate the riddles for some time now, I come from a visual effects/motion graphics background. I started animating on them last year but had to put it on pause due to other projects. I'm not as familiar with arduino/pi coding to get that stuff working smoothly but I can make the videos if anyone wants to team up?

I have been meaning to animate the riddles for some time now, I come from a visual effects/motion graphics background. I started animating on them last year but had to put it on pause due to other projects. I'm not as familiar with arduino/pi coding to get that stuff working smoothly but I can make the videos if anyone wants to team up?

Don't worry about any coding of you could make the video in MP4 or AVI format I could handle the rest brother

If you need any help with anything in regards to resin printing / let me know - would definitely be willing to assist.

Well I spent an hour or so in after effects this evening and this is what I was able to come up with:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJV6WVBj8hM

It's not perfect, the motion of the letters isn't dead on accurate and it's a bit too bright, but nothing that can't be cleaned up. The most important part was that when making this, I wanted it all procedural, so I can just change the text and it will render out a new animation without having to move the letters by hand. This means it will be fast enough, that I can do all the riddle/clues from the movie, along with the extras from the board game (you can never have too many riddle-clues!)

Justy, what method were you thinking to animate the letters with? I used a shatter effect with a custom pattern, with everything in the physics tuned to "floaty" then reversed, using an overlay gradient on the letters to get them to fade in, then blurring that using a luminance based blur. Which is okay, but it means the letters sort of "thud" into place, which is something I can't really fix. Any ideas?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back