MCU Spider-Man Homemade Suit Build/SPOILERS

ClayTheSpider15

This is a build thread for one of Peter's 2 suits. For those who have not seen the movie yet and do not want to know or see what it looks like, this spoiler is hidden. For those who have seen the movie, view this.
In Civil War, Tony and Peter have a scene where Tony pulls up footage of Peter in action, with a homemade suit. This suit is only seen for 4 minutes but this is my interpretation of the suit image.jpeg
I am going to be building this suit to my maximum ability

And unless they eventually use flashback sequences in a Spider-Man movie or Marvel releases concept art of it, we may never have a screen-accurate prototype MCU suit.

Pumped to see how this turns out.
Some notes from my second viewing:
-The goggles are pretty big (and round), and based off of what we saw Stark holding, I'd guess they are welding goggles. Something like this:
http://www.amazon.com/ABN-Black-Wel...d=1462937446&sr=8-22&keywords=welding+goggles not exactly like these, but something like it.
-It seems like the top is two separate pieces, a red shirt (if it's a shirt) on top with the sleeves cut off at the shoulder, and a long sleeved blue shirt under it (like what you're wearing in your avatar). If not, the red part definitely goes around to the back (armpit is red+blue) The spider is considerably bigger than the upgraded version.
-It is not skin tight.
-The gloves definitely have webs on them, but it looks like it's just on the gloves.
-The goggles seem to be attached to the mask at the nose, and the mask attached to the rest of the costume/ the torso section based off of how Stark holds the goggles to his face (the cloth is pulled up with him)
-You're right, the bottom part of the suit is going to be tricky, so most of this is speculation, but you can sorta see it for one quick shot. There is still red covering the leg from the ankles to the calf, but what the shoes are is questionable. I'd guess they would be separate from the pants (like the gloves are), and sneakers, but I could be totally wrong. For the pants— and again, this is pure speculation— if it isn't all one piece, I'd guess the shirt is tucked into the pants, with a belt on the pants that holds the web cartridges.

Hope this helped in some way. I'll be seeing it again soon, so more observations may come.

Arrgghh I wish we had a better view of the suit in the movie. Hopefully Marvel will show concepts, or have it on display (wouldn't it be great to display the homemade+the upgraded one next to each other?), or something. Otherwise, I can't wait for it to come out on blu ray so i can analyze this thing frame by frame.

Last edited:
Pumped to see how this turns out.
Some notes from my second viewing:
-The goggles are pretty big (and round), and based off of what we saw Stark holding, I'd guess they are welding goggles. Something like this:
http://www.amazon.com/ABN-Black-Wel...d=1462937446&sr=8-22&keywords=welding+goggles not exactly like these, but something like it.
-It seems like the top is two separate pieces, a red shirt (if it's a shirt) on top with the sleeves cut off at the shoulder, and a long sleeved blue shirt under it (like what you're wearing in your avatar). If not, the red part definitely goes around to the back (armpit is red+blue) The spider is considerably bigger than the upgraded version.
-It is not skin tight.
-The gloves definitely have webs on them, but it looks like it's just on the gloves.
-The goggles seem to be attached to the mask at the nose, and the mask attached to the rest of the costume/ the torso section based off of how Stark holds the goggles to his face (the cloth is pulled up with him)
-You're right, the bottom part of the suit is going to be tricky, so most of this is speculation, but you can sorta see it for one quick shot. There is still red covering the leg from the ankles to the calf, but what the shoes are is questionable. I'd guess they would be separate from the pants (like the gloves are), and sneakers, but I could be totally wrong. For the pants— and again, this is pure speculation— if it isn't all one piece, I'd guess the shirt is tucked into the pants, with a belt on the pants that holds the web cartridges.

Hope this helped in some way. I'll be seeing it again soon, so more observations may come.

Arrgghh I wish we had a better view of the suit in the movie. Hopefully Marvel will show concepts, or have it on display (wouldn't it be great to display the homemade+the upgraded one next to each other?), or something. Otherwise, I can't wait for it to come out on blu ray so i can analyze this thing frame by frame.
Yeah I know, that would make this suit much easier to build

Here's a photo from the Russo Brothers' Twitter that was posted last year during filming.

We didn't know at the time what it was, but we now know it's from the homemade costume.

CJffF5hWoAAtiUT.jpg

A friend of mine found some screenshots of the suit and sent them my way, if you want to see them, PM me.

Notes from the screenshots:
-I really think the red and blue might be two different shirts/separate parts of the costumes. At least two layers (Pete must get hot during the summer)
-The spider doesn't look as sharp/angular as the spider is on Stark's upgraded suit. It's a bit blurry, but it looks like it has the curved legs like on the ultimate design. http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net...h-1610).jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100219193501
-The costume is definitely not fit to his body, unlike the one Stark gives him. It seems like regular clothing fabric; like the one Tobey's spidey wears when wrestling.

I just saw the movie for a second time. I'm not sure if this will help, but I made a sketch of the home made suit after seeing it again.

Some of my notes:
- Goggles are definitely welding goggles for a base but with the shutter lens added onto it
- There may or may not be a spider on the back. Thinking about it now there probably is not
- If there is a utility belt, it is probably under the red shirt
- I think there is webbing on the red sections of the legs
- Webbing would be done out of sharpie, lines looked really messy so I assume a marker of some kind
- Possibly wearing the same sneakers that peter wears with his normal outfit

SPE6phB.jpg

I hope this helps! :D

I just saw the movie for a second time. I'm not sure if this will help, but I made a sketch of the home made suit after seeing it again.

Some of my notes:
- Goggles are definitely welding goggles for a base but with the shutter lens added onto it
- There may or may not be a spider on the back. Thinking about it now there probably is not
- If there is a utility belt, it is probably under the red shirt
- I think there is webbing on the red sections of the legs
- Webbing would be done out of sharpie, lines looked really messy so I assume a marker of some kind
- Possibly wearing the same sneakers that peter wears with his normal outfit

I hope this helps! :D
Thank you so much for that! I'm going to try getting to Michael's soon to get my supplies

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back