Captain America Civil War Movie Accurate Build. (*First Build, Advice Appreciated*)

Underrated

Hey, so this is my first ever full build (and Post).... I'm hoping to have it ready for a Con in October (Scary!). I would love help, on techniques, tips, sizing etc!

I'm pretty handy and so I'm wanting to build it from from scratch... everything; including Pep-ing and detailing the helmet, creating and sewing the pattern and making a magnetised cardstock shield etc. (As well as losing a couple pounds and bulking up at tad to cut a more Evans-esque silhouette).

20160328_230341.jpg20160328_230459.jpg
This is what I have at the moment.

*HELMET*
20160328_230421.jpg

So I did try other test helmets which I found online... but quickly realised these were not what I was looking for (much too WWII)
20160328_233434.jpg
but after a lot of searching I found an AoU helmet file .. and with a few alterations (rescaling and removing the chinstrap and re unfolding it) I got a good base for the helmet
Screen Shot 2016-03-28 at 23.43.29.png
My plan is to resin and fibreglass this, then add 2mm EVA foam for the 'metal plates' of the helmet. I am trying to think of ways to achieve the Kevlar texture, Any Ideas???
I also plan on unfolding the pep file for a foam version, to create the padding the sticks out along the cheeks and nose ridge, and add comfort within the helmet.

*SHIELD*
20160328_230438.jpg
I made this test version last week using a template from Dali_DIY... I love the simplicity of the design but I dont think that the rings are right. The rings get thinner as they go out, which Im not sure about.

Anyone got a better template? or would It be better just to edit the one I have?

Also anyone know what spray paint colours are the most accurate to the movie shield?

cae1razviaarjv7-jpg-large-128121.jpeg
I'm also wanting to make the shield magnetized, (maybe Im crazy) but i'm contemplating an electromagnet sewn into the gauntlet with a switch in the palm... Thoughts?

*Outfit*

20160328_230403.jpg

I haven't started the costume yet but I've created a dressform of me, to get the fit right. I am planning on hand sketching the panels from reference and then scaling and pinning them on the dressform.
Watching the Civil War trailer it seems that the CW costume is only slightly upgraded from the AoU outfit, (the helmet is nearly identical)

chris-evans-anthony-mackie-get-to-action-captain-america-civil-war-55 (1).jpgCaptain-america-in-Avengers-Age-of-Ultron-wallpapers-hd-1080p-1920x1080-desktop-031.jpg

so my plan is to fill in the unavailable details of the CW costume with AoU details (as I have some 360 High def images of the AoU outfit) and hope they ring true...

the only part of the costume I have is the pants, They are military surplus, fire retardant work pants. I think they are the perfect blue colour (a perfect reference for the colour of the rest of the suit) and texture with a sewn-in crease down the front. My plan is just to cut the front crease and re-sew it with the knee pad, etc... not too much else.

20160328_230429.jpg

Attachments

• 20160328_230516.jpg
    20160328_230516.jpg
    498.6 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:
Re: Captain America Civil War Movie Accurate Build. (*First Build, Advice Appreciated

Awesome so far, where did you find that pep file for the helmet?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back