1966 tv Batmobile 1/6th scale

Okay didn't do very much just studying diff. parts so I built Batmans compass Ill post pic of this in the morning shop is shut down for today. Mostly kicking back an chilling so stay tuned lots more to come. Thanks......Jim

Thanks a bunch its been a long strange journey its been, lol but its coming along. Okay got batmans compass done. Picture 647.jpgPicture 649.jpgPicture 658.jpgPicture 651.jpgPicture 652.jpgPicture 662.jpgPicture 663.jpgPicture 664.jpgPicture 665.jpg Well as said stay tuned lots more to come. Thanks ......Jim

Okay, really been busy in the shop got a lot done now I have to waitest on parts so a little break but still lots more to come. I may do this in two post so enjoy understand this car is made out of some kind of stuff that reacts to everything so the paint is what it is you wouldn't guess what I have been through but it looks bad ass I think.Picture 666.jpgPicture 668.jpgPicture 670.jpgPicture 669.jpgPicture 671.jpgPicture 673.jpgPicture 686.jpgPicture 685.jpg Okay stay tuned lots more to come. Thanks......Jim

Okay more striping pics sorry guys didn't know what happened.Picture 693.jpgPicture 697.jpgPicture 699.jpgPicture 701.jpgPicture 713.jpg Okay this is one of the hardest paint jobs I've ever done the stuff this car is made out of is like flubber when you flash it it goes crazy well same thing I thought the car was going to start smoking at one point so I at a point in painting this I had to take what I got I sanded tis thing off so many times and then I got this and said okay this is stopping time. Well more to come stay tuned. Thanks....Jim

It's amazing that the hinging of the door makes a real difference in making this look like a scale model rather than a toy, really enjoying this thread
Yes and thanks for those pics they have helped a lot as the knob on the door I wouldn't have thought of that small detail so here it is in the model also a redo of this little detail partPicture 721.jpgPicture 722.jpgPicture 720.jpg Thanks Vac for your imput it was a great help. well stay tuned lots more to come. Thanks.....Jim

Attachments

• Picture 719.jpg
    Picture 719.jpg
    961.6 KB · Views: 100
Okay did a bit of piddle around in the shop last night will have some pics this afternoon of this. the car is really coming along. wont be long wheels and tires are coming I'm thinking about painting a bat cave back drop for display at Wonderfest would also get a turn table but I think the car may be to big for this be nice if I could mock up a Alfred figure sculpt a head for a 1/6th figure it would be cool to have him dusting or something. Well more to come so stay tuned. Thanks......Jim

Okay, just doing a bit of detail work here's the picsPicture 723.jpgPicture 724.jpgPicture 725.jpgPicture 726.jpgPicture 729.jpgPicture 731.jpgPicture 732.jpgPicture 733.jpgPicture 734.jpg I used reflective tape on the tail lights they look cool when the light hits the car just rite small door latches small shift. as well for more to come stay tuned. Thanks.......Jim

Thanks, I wish the paint was a bit slicker in some areas but I am lucky to get it looking as good as it does. Like I said this stuff the car is made out of reacts to anything you put on it I waxed it the other day and I thought it was going to do something but I got lucky. This stuff is almost like flubber you know how flubber does when you flash a light at it, well close I used a strong laqure paint about 27 coats in between sanding the reactions the car had but I got it to where it is now. and still got lots to do, just waiting on parts that I can't make..So stay tuned lots more to come. Thanks......Jim

Well guys sorry for a stop for a bit but just waiting on parts and funds the car is all sealed up in the shop waiting on the finishing parts there really is a lot more to do finish I am redoing my shop getting things ready for improvements and I can't wait so I will be doing lots more cool models on here as well, but I will finish this build first. I have the canopys to make and putting the wheel and tires on, then I will be doing the batcave back drop for it, I will also build a custom box for going to shows and the bit. well stay tuned there will be more to come just hanging on. Thanks....Jim

Okay wheels and tires any day now so here we go, project about to be back on and more pics coming soon so don't miss out stay tuned same bat channel same bat time more to come. Thanks.....Jim

Okay I got this car its one of those new bright cars so this is the doner for the wheels and tires they are nice rubber tires with a perfect street tread so here are some pics of the tires just sitting in place there is still a lot of getting them mounted so as said stay tuned more to come. Thanks.....JimPicture 740.jpgPicture 741.jpgPicture 742.jpgPicture 743.jpgPicture 744.jpgPicture 746.jpg

Thanks Vac, its been a long strange journey its been. I think its looking okay just got the axle holes to drill and tap the hubs and cut the axles down a bit then make some bats for the wheels and BAM POW that part will be behind me, then the bubbles to make its getting close to being done. well stay tuned more to come. Thanks....Jim

Okay got busy been finishing up a couple other projects as well here's some long awaited pics.Picture 748.jpgPicture 749.jpgPicture 750.jpgPicture 751.jpgPicture 752.jpgPicture 753.jpg I have more pics of the bats being made but I might redo this they are hard as hell to cut out so we shalt see and as said more to come stay tuned. Thanks....Jim

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back